lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Default Re: Question about charging

First of all, the Club Car chargers are for wet cells, and AGM requires a different charger, at least based on my experience. The charger I use for my AGM boat batteries have different charge setting for wet cell, AGM or Gel.

It is possible the charger is not liking the bats but that is a common problem with that charger regardless and there are cheap rebuild kits available.

AGM bats will work (for awhile), however expect shorter run times and shorter battery life. AGM batteries serve a purpose, but they are not for golf carts.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . as stated previously, there are chargers designed with settings for Flooded, Gel and AGM batteries . . . the CC Charger is designed for Flooded batteries . . . and there are AGM batteries designed/made for golf cart applications . . . and a little pricey . . .

AGM Golf Cart Batteries
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #13
mattneedsmiles
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Steve and Speedchaser...

As it turns out, I've got a bad charger. I found a different shop nearby who tried it out on a variety of Precedents. Same issue on all of them. So was it just coincidence that this charger went bad about the same time the guy sold it to me, or did he have another charger in his garage that I just didn't happen to notice? I guess I'll never know.

So on to finding a new charger... any suggestions? Does anyone actually buy OEM or who is the trusted provider in the after market charger world?
mattneedsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #14
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattneedsmiles View Post
Thanks Steve and Speedchaser...

As it turns out, I've got a bad charger. I found a different shop nearby who tried it out on a variety of Precedents. Same issue on all of them. So was it just coincidence that this charger went bad about the same time the guy sold it to me, or did he have another charger in his garage that I just didn't happen to notice? I guess I'll never know.

So on to finding a new charger... any suggestions? Does anyone actually buy OEM or who is the trusted provider in the after market charger world?
Why not try a rebuilt kit for your charger? I used one for my broken PD2 and it worked well. I picked it up on ebay.

-T.Wells
T.Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #15
mattneedsmiles
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

There seems to be a fairly common $50 fix out there, but how do I know it's not something bigger? I think I saw that the transformer would cost $150 to replace.
mattneedsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #16
lance_214
Rode hard, put up wet!

Club Car

Matt you might want to start your own thread. This one is about 9 months old! You'll prob get a little more help.
lance_214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car