lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
outdoorsman
Not Yet Wild

Default Pathway running super slow

Been studying this site since last first once I bought my first cart. First post. 2002 club car pathway, over summer had some times when charger did not charge. I took out the fuses spun them in the holder and worked fine. Have been storing in my barn for the winter. I would unplug the charger once in a while just to make sure it was on. Several times it wasn't charging . Mess with the fuse sometimes would work sometimes not. Brought it to my garage which stays. Pretty warm to try to figure it out. Cleaned the connections greased the fuses charger is working fine now. I barley got it to my garage as if the batteries were dead, have charged them full. They all check roughly 8.75 volts. I tried the obdc reset and tested the controller connections both found on the stickers. The reset didn't seem to do anything. Buzzer didn't go off at all. The other test checked fine. It still bareley moves. It has factory headlights and they are not working but I dont know if it is related or not. I'm new to carts, and don't know anything about electric ones. I work on gas engines understand dc and ac electric. I just don't know how to trouble shoot this thing. Sorry for the long post.
outdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pathway running super slow

Welcome to BGW!

You may have a bad battery or two... in this cart the 2 under the drivers seat power the lights. They are usually the first to go also. Test the voltage under load to find a bad battery.
Connect the meter to the pack, note the standing voltage then drive off hard and fast (uphill is best) Then note the voltage drop. If it is greater than 5v you may have a bad battery.
Repeat the test with the meter connected to each individual battery.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
outdoorsman
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I will give it a try. It won't go hard or fast though not sure I can even pull a small hill.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
outdoorsman
Not Yet Wild

I tested the main pack today. I had to get some long alligator clips to hook to my meter. The best I could do was around in circles in my garage. I took it out yesterday and couldnt get back in over the 2 inch concrete step to get in my garage. Anyway with it connected sitting still it reads 51. Once I push the pedal it goes all over. Never lower than 51 but higher even into triple digits? Do I have a short somewhere? Or is that normal?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
outdoorsman
Not Yet Wild

I load tested my batteries and they tested fine. My charger is acting funky and may be part of the problem. If I plug it in and it starts fine (rarely). I check it the next day, charger is not on, so I unplug it and plug it back in it does not come on. If I switch the tow run switch back to run and back charger still doesn't come on. If I switch to run and switch the f/r switch and push the go pedal in forward then reverse, turn it off. then plug the charger back in with the t/r switch in either position the charger comes on. Next day same thing, charger doesn't work. Go through same steps and it works again. Is it charger or ecm maybe?
Old 05-21-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
outdoorsman
Not Yet Wild

I am still having issues with my cart. Over the winter I figured out the charger was not working. I found unplugging it and run forward reverse(didnt move) the charger would kick on and charge. I drove it and it went fine. Then it got to the point where the charger would click but needle wouldnt move. So I just replaced the computer and charger is working fine. All my batteries are checking in over 8 volts. I load tested them and the most one dropped was from 8.5 to 8.3. Most of them read 8.8 and drop to 8.6 under load. It still barely moves. It will go about 2 ft and stop, like the batteries are dead. Any help Please! I dont know did I hurt the controller? Or could I just need new batteries?
Old 05-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

How old are the batteries?
There should be a date code on the negative posts.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #8
outdoorsman
Not Yet Wild

I don't known how old they are. They are napa batteries and they have tabs for the date but they did not punch them out. Is there typically stamped into the battery case next to the neg terminal that I need to look for. This was owned by a police department before I bought it. I am guessing they are several yrs old anyway.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #9
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

In the negative post itself, it will have a letter and a number stamped into it.
Ex: C2 would be March 2012
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
outdoorsman
Not Yet Wild

I will check tonight. Seems like the batteries may be the issue? They were not charged for a long period of time as I figured out the charger\ computer issue. I live in the north so they were exposed to cold as well.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car