lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
anix
Getting Wild

Default 2000 CC gets warp drive

Well got the PQ executioner in yesterday and got it bolted up. The only other thing I did was change the cables going to the motor. Already had #4 cable everywhere except the motor. GPS at 27.3mph with freshly charged batteries on flat pavement. That's not bad at all but I did lose quite a bit of low end torque though and I am a little concerned about the motor temp. After and about 1hr of on-gain off-again riding (maybe 6 miles) the motor was up to about 165F. I think it gets hotter at part throttle. I am wondering if I change controller (maybe 400a) that having it field map matched to the motor might get my torque back plus a little extra and maybe cool it off some?????
Waiting on Robby to call me back and so I can get his thoughts on it.
anix is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Default Re: 2000 CC gets warp drive

165F is still ok , I would start to worry over 190F
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
anix
Getting Wild

You ever check yours?
Old 06-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

yes I have with a IR heat gun and haven't gotten over 175F on painted part . also check alum end , controller and SI lug on the f/r switch.

My next move will 2 ga wire
Old 06-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #5
anix
Getting Wild

Just ran mine hard for about 2.5 miles and motor temp was 110 and controller and wires were cooler than that. When mine got up to 165 there was two of us on it and we would ride a while and stop and visit for 10 minutes or so then ride some more. My motor does not have vent hole like some of the bad a** motors do. I did find out one thing though, just because your tires look like they are standing up good does not mean they have enough air in them. The gauge I had at the shop would not read low pressure very well so I picked up a new analog gauge and found my pressure low. I air them up good and the sucker and went from 27.3 to about 30.5mph.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Bert18
Getting Wild

Club Car

30.5 that's really good. My carts doing 27-28. I don't think I would want to do more than 30. Have a blast!
Bert18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
anix
Getting Wild

Yeah, when you get close to 30 everything starts happen real quick and you realize what kind of brake you have or don't have. I will have to give kudos to the PQ guys, the executioner motor is something else. With two adults up front and two smaller kids on the back it will still run almost 30. It has to be making lots of torque on the top end because you have to be on a real good grade for it to slow you down much at all. BTW I love that hummer body style
Old 06-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
Bert18
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thanks I've had her for awhile and now I'm thinking about pimp'in her out.
Bert18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #9
anix
Getting Wild

Well when I changed motors I lost a little low end torque. But a 500A Alltrax fixed that. Better hang on now, will almost pull the front wheels when you take off. And will still run 30. BTW it was topping out at 27 till I added a little air to the tires.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #10
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I love my pq rattlesnake II and it also does not have the vent holes . that was one of my questions to them for I have driven deep into a mud hole a few times lol. right now in this park I don't have enough room to open it up all the way , speed bumps everywhere and trees . the best I have gotten is 28.5 here but I know there is more im thinking 32-34 will top out
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car