lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Unhappy '06 DS Rocker Panel and Kick Plate Install Issues

Hello,

Tonight I was trying to install full rocker panels and kick plate in my 2006 CC DS. I watched a video on each (YouTube user DIYGolfCart) and both look very straight forward and easy.

For the new rocker panels, the top edge (or lip) where it meets the body of the DS is very long. It is approximately 1/2 inch and there is no way I have this much clearance between the existing rocker panel and the body. Also, there is no way that these will slip under the body as the body of the cart slips below the existing rocker panel. Am I missing something on this install or perhaps do I have a mis-cut?

Now to the kick plate.

The same YouTube video creator shows the kick plate to have a beveled edge to account for the small flare and existing metal piece at the bottom of the DS body. The kick plate I received is completely flat with no bevel. When you line it up on he body, it gaps and looks poor. Again, do I have a bad reseller, a bad cut/product, or perhaps I am missing something.

Any help would be appreciated as I was really hoping to dress up the cart a bit for the 4th and now I fear I've struck out.

Thanks,
T.Wells
T.Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
arcedout
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '06 DS Rocker Panel and Kick Plate Install Issues

arcedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:34 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wells View Post
Hello,

Tonight I was trying to install full rocker panels and kick plate in my 2006 CC DS. I watched a video on each (YouTube user DIYGolfCart) and both look very straight forward and easy.

For the new rocker panels, the top edge (or lip) where it meets the body of the DS is very long. It is approximately 1/2 inch and there is no way I have this much clearance between the existing rocker panel and the body. Also, there is no way that these will slip under the body as the body of the cart slips below the existing rocker panel. Am I missing something on this install or perhaps do I have a mis-cut?

Now to the kick plate.

The same YouTube video creator shows the kick plate to have a beveled edge to account for the small flare and existing metal piece at the bottom of the DS body. The kick plate I received is completely flat with no bevel. When you line it up on he body, it gaps and looks poor. Again, do I have a bad reseller, a bad cut/product, or perhaps I am missing something.

Any help would be appreciated as I was really hoping to dress up the cart a bit for the 4th and now I fear I've struck out.

Thanks,
T.Wells
. . . did you remove the existing rocker panel? I have the same year DS as you and have installed a diamond plate rocker panel cover with no issue other than having to drill holes for the two mounting screws . . . see below pic . . .

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 06:11 AM   #4
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Hi Steve,

No, I did not remove the steel portion of the rocker panel. I only removed the black rubber. In the YouTube video, the rocker panel slipped right over the existing panel.

Last night, I did look to remove the steel piece but it was not readily apparent how to remove. I did take out four small screws on the back side but they only looked like they held the rubber in place. The existing rocker panel feels like it is firmly affixed to the steel crossmember which I see in your picture.

Thanks the reply.

T.Wells
Old 06-29-2013, 06:22 AM   #5
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Steve,

After looking at your picture more closely and te YouTube video,

It looks like the panel does not fit flush across the back of the cart and I was trying to push it in too far. It appears that there is about 1/2" lip running he length of the cart on the top of the panel, is that right?

T
Old 06-30-2013, 04:49 AM   #6
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . after removing the rubber/plastic, the new rocker cover panel installs over the steel/aluminum portion of the rocker panel . . . there should have been round plastic spacers included with the kit . . . these spacers go between new cover and existing panel for bolts to pass thru (to prevent bending new panel when bolting it on) . . . the new panel will have about 1/2" lip running it's length where it meets up with body panels, except inside passenger compartment, where lip is much wider . . .

. . . maybe this angle helps more:

Old 06-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #7
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . after removing the rubber/plastic, the new rocker cover panel installs over the steel/aluminum portion of the rocker panel . . . there should have been round plastic spacers included with the kit . . . these spacers go between new cover and existing panel for bolts to pass thru (to prevent bending new panel when bolting it on) . . . the new panel will have about 1/2" lip running it's length where it meets up with body panels, except inside passenger compartment, where lip is much wider . . .

. . . maybe this angle helps more:

Thanks Steve.

I hope to get on this again tonight.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I was able to get the rocker panel on today. Thanks for the help

The light in my garage is not great tonight and the stainless steel seems to reflect everything as well. Image is attached anyway.

Thanks,
T.Wells
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (150.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry, posting from the ipad and looks like the iPad has the image inverted.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #10
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wells View Post
I was able to get the rocker panel on today. Thanks for the help

The light in my garage is not great tonight and the stainless steel seems to reflect everything as well. Image is attached anyway.

Thanks,
T.Wells
. . . glad ya got it on . . .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car