lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #11
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '06 DS Rocker Panel and Kick Plate Install Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wells;

Now to the kick plate.

The same YouTube video creator shows the kick plate to have a beveled edge to account for the small flare and existing metal piece at the bottom of the DS body. The kick plate I received is completely flat with no bevel. When you line it up on he body, it gaps and looks poor. Again, do I have a bad reseller, a bad cut/product, or perhaps I am missing something.

Any help would be appreciated as I was really hoping to dress up the cart a bit for the 4th and now I fear I've struck out.

Thanks,
T.Wells
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Wells View Post
Hello,

Now to the kick plate.

The same YouTube video creator shows the kick plate to have a beveled edge to account for the small flare and existing metal piece at the bottom of the DS body. The kick plate I received is completely flat with no bevel. When you line it up on he body, it gaps and looks poor. Again, do I have a bad reseller, a bad cut/product, or perhaps I am missing something.

Thanks,
T.Wells

Okay, I am back to looking at the kickplate now that the rocker panels are done.

I attached three photos of the cart to the post. One shows the cart as is with the metal piece, screw heads, and the slightly beveled body (please excuse the water droplets as I just hosed it down). The second shows the kickplate put in place flush with the for, note the gap at the top due to the beveled body and screws. The third is with the kickplate located above the bevel so that it rest flat with the body. This looks odd as there is metal, then body, then the kickplate.

Here is the YouTube video which may show the body flare/bevel a little better.

I have emailed the store of purchase (a forum sponsor) asking for clarification or a return and have not received a response (close to 10-days now).

Thanks for looking and any help is appreciated.

T.Wells
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (123.0 KB, 0 views)
T.Wells is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Picture 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (185.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #13
T.Wells
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Picture 3

Sorry, I couldn't get them all in one post due to a lack of bandwidth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (134.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car