lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Cable change looks intimidating...

Was - and may still based on the encouragement I get from the post - looking at ordering my replacement 2 gauge cables for my cart - an 09 PH(serial) CC Precedent. For grins, I wanted to see how the cables went through the back firewall to the solenoid and controller and on to the motor. From what I can see, it makes sense on what needs to be replaced but from below(even with the controller's cover removed, it doesn't look like I have enough room to work on anything from this vantage point.

So I need some advice here in how to approach replacing the cables on the back half of the cart. I need room to pull/work cables around with both hands. I took some pictures of the controller and solenoid to review cable colors and what not as I suspect the new ones won't be red, black, yellow and green.

So can I get to the controller area from the top and if so how is the best/easiest way to accomplish that. There is a black panel on top - is this removable and can you access from that direction?

I am just not wanting to get in over my head. I just don't work well reaching "up" into areas with little room.

I also will have concerns about wiring up a new controller as the stock vs. an Alltrax for example don't look the same. But that will another post for later.

Thanks in advance.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2013, 07:16 PM   #2
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cable change looks intimidating...

Here is a pic of the black panel on top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1112.jpg (79.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

From my experience...take the body off!! Will make it so much easier and save time in the process in the long run. It is not that hard to remove the body...Maybe 1/2 hour or and hour for you since you haven't done it before. Just take your time and don't get in a rush!

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
From my experience...take the body off!! Will make it so much easier and save time in the process in the long run. It is not that hard to remove the body...Maybe 1/2 hour or and hour for you since you haven't done it before. Just take your time and don't get in a rush!
What needs to come off...the seat backs and back seats. Saw 4 screws under the seat where batteries are - not sure where the others are.

This does sound easier by the way. Sounds like a job for next Saturday/Sunday - which ever day I come back from the beach.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #5
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Top, seats, back seats, back rest..Then start looking for the few screws and bolts that hold the body on. I am not that familiar with the precedent body. But if you run into a problem, I know there are those here that have done it and can help you.

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car