lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #1
hollywood23113
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2008 Club Car IQ speed cutting in and out

OK I sold a 2008 Club Car IQ cart, guy said that when he rides it wide open for a little bit, he said he has to get off the gas and back on to re ingage the motor. I don't have the cart back until tonight but I just wanted to throw this out there. Is this the regin or speed limiter that he is feeling? Thanks Guys
hollywood23113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
hollywood23113
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 Club Car IQ speed cutting in and out

So I'm out on a test drive, The cart runs fine then all of a sudden stops like you put it in neutral Or take your foot off the gas. Then it just rolls, If I take my foot off the gas and back on it start running again fine. I have an idea what it may be what I want input before I say what I think it is so I don't influence anyone. And it is not the speed sensor in the motor I don't think because the cart runs at full speed until this happens. Come on guys lets hear it...
Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #3
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had a similar problem with my IQ cart. Now it was an older cart but it is called solenoid dropout. I got a solenoid dropout harness and it cured my problem. This what TahoeDawgZ71 told me:

"Sounds like a Solenoid dropout to me. IQ cars are hard to work on unless you've got the scanner because there's so many different things that can cause the same symptom. Speed sensors are typical problems and can cause the car to go into limp mode but that's not what is happening here. Something is causing the solenoid to drop out. No doubt about that. When the controller detects a solenoid dropout it slows the cart to a crawl. If the speed sensor wasn't working it wouldn't be able to monitor it's own speed and bring itself to a crawl. The beep beep beep you are hearing is an indication that the speed sensor works perfectly. Anybody with an IQ car can mimic this scenario by getting it up to speed, slamming on brakes and locking the tires down until the solenoid drops out, then releasing the brake while the car is still rolling. It's going to do the same thing your car is doing. It'll beep and slow itself. You may have a bad solenoid. You'll need to monitor the voltage to the two small posts on the solenoid. Attach a multimeter to them. You should see full battery voltage when solenoid is closed. When car drops out, look and see if this voltage is falling off or staying strong. If it's staying strong, replace the solenoid. If it's dropping to zero you've got another problem. The controller is telling the solenoid to open. Now, with that being said it opens up a whole realm of possibilities as to what the issue is. If you've got an intermittent internal microswitch in your mcor it'll cause it. Also, on some but not all early IQ models such as this, there needs to be a diode in the wire harness behind the Tow/Run switch. This can't be seen without destroying the wire harness. However, there is an IQ Dropout harness available that will correct this problem. It just snaps into the existing deutsch connectors behind the tow/run switch. This is cheap insurance and I recommend it on all 2002-2003 DS IQ cars. 102355201 is the part number for the harness. "

My cart did the same thing as yours only the buzzer would beep along with the drop in speed. Now it may be that the diode he talks about went bad in yours

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:15 AM   #4
hollywood23113
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow that was a response, thank you cart trader. That's what I was thinking, solinoid
Old 07-24-2013, 02:40 AM   #5
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:41 AM   #6
hollywood23113
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

And a dieod maybe
Old 07-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #7
hollywood23113
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Local club car dealer said he thinks it the speed sensor??
Old 07-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
hollywood23113
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Haha ok I will play. We're is the solinoid on these carts???
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car