lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #1
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default What is this plastic film on cart body?

I recently acquired a 1993 club car DS that I am in the process of restoring. The body is white, and fairly dirty. In the process of cleaning it off with just some soap and water yesterday, small parts of a thin plastic film or coating started coming off. It looks like it used to be clear and over time just became dirty and lost its adhesive ability. I searched the forum for similar experiences, but did not find any.

My question is what is this stuff and do I need to remove all of it? If so, how do I get it off? Assume I will either paint or wrap the body when this project is done.

Finally, y'all have any recommendations for cleaning the body itself if I need to get to this plastic film off?
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: What is this plastic film on cart body?

Its the clear coat peeling from the body. I removed mine before painting with the aid of a pressure washer, just be careful not to use the 0° tip and etch the body.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks so much. I guess I will search for instructions on what to do after that.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Power washing and some strong cleaner/degreaser was what I used to clean the body, and mine was BAD. (See first pics in the build thread in my sig.) Since I was taking it to a local paint shop for painting, I had the body off the cart which made things easier, plus made it so I could wash the entire body really well. If its painting instructions you're after, then I'm not your guy, anything after "shake well" in the paint world is a mystery to me. someone with knowledge of this will be along soon, though.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

I just want to get it clean do I can either wrap it or do a not so fancy camo paint job. Thx for the advice.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #6
crash test dummy

yellow is correct .. for once ..lol
Old 08-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
I just want to get it clean do I can either wrap it or do a not so fancy camo paint job. Thx for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
yellow is correct .. for once ..lol
Just doin my part to help fellow sparky owners. Good thing you're around to sweep up the mess sometimes though!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car