lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2023, 04:31 PM   #81
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: First Lifepo4 DIY Project

Not the barcodes, but the QR codes on top
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2023, 04:41 PM   #82
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Not the barcodes, but the QR codes on top
That what I meant.. bars, blocks, same difference..

according to the dictionary they are the same,

"What are QR codes?

A QR code is a type of barcode that can be read easily by a digital device and which stores information as a series of pixels in a square-shaped grid. QR codes are frequently used to track information about products in a supply chain and – because many smartphones have built-in QR readers – they are often used in marketing and advertising campaigns. More recently, they have played a key role in helping to trace coronavirus exposure and slow the spread of the virus."
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 04:51 PM   #83
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I was under the impression that “bar” codes are the codes with straight black lines, aka bars, on products. I refer to the square, block codes as QR codes.

My smartphone has no problem reading either type of code and I don’t understand why Wikipedia states that the block type can be read by a smartphone but says nothing about the line type.

But anyhow…..
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 05:19 PM   #84
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

A QR code is a 2 dimensional Bar code.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 06:42 PM   #85
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've checked the QR code of one new cell, looks real to me...?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20231208-002052.jpg (26.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20231208-003739.jpg (42.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20231208-012738.jpg (76.6 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 07:02 AM   #86
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Some news on my issue. I've replaced the suspect cell and the result was the same! I've then charged the CATL cell disconnected from the batt. pack, voltage fine @ 3.34 and no further decreasing. Checked everything again but, nothing wrong with the wiring or the cells. What most likely has happened is, while removing the Neey balancer recently, I had short breaks on the sensing wires and I've read, re-connecting them in a wrong order can damage the sensing circuitry. MY FAULT, and no switch installed at that time.

As I like the relay style of the JBD and the possibility to place the Bluetooth dongle outside the metal case ( which gives a much better range of the connection ), I've ordered a replacement BMS from the JBD store. A JK BMS would be nice for sure but, i would have to change a lot of my installation incl. the already installed battery monitor. And i already own the 4a active balancer, which I'll position outside the battery case as well.
Old 12-16-2023, 07:59 AM   #87
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Some news on my issue. I've replaced the suspect cell and the result was the same! I've then charged the CATL cell disconnected from the batt. pack, voltage fine @ 3.34 and no further decreasing. Checked everything again but, nothing wrong with the wiring or the cells. What most likely has happened is, while removing the Neey balancer recently, I had short breaks on the sensing wires and I've read, re-connecting them in a wrong order can damage the sensing circuitry. MY FAULT, and no switch installed at that time.

As I like the relay style of the JBD and the possibility to place the Bluetooth dongle outside the metal case ( which gives a much better range of the connection ), I've ordered a replacement BMS from the JBD store. A JK BMS would be nice for sure but, i would have to change a lot of my installation incl. the already installed battery monitor. And i already own the 4a active balancer, which I'll position outside the battery case as well.
Ok at least you got it sorted out...
The alternative for the jbd style setup with the balancer which im also using on one of my packs is to use an "A30 controller" to automatically turn the balancer on and off above and below the setpoint you set (like 3.4v)... They are inexpensive controllers which many are using this way. I also battled with swapping the JBD to the JK mainly because I was swapping batteries and wanted an intergrated balancer solution. also I have my solar charging roof so the cart is always being charged on and off while im not around. I decided to go with the jk and since im building 2 parallel packs I am replacing the JBD monitor with a single JUNctek monitor that will monitor both packs at once as far as soc usage and even gives me graphs of current use if I want. (totally unneeded) I also bought a couple of the cheaper 2" monitor displays which connect to each bms I might leave in the battery compartment.

My 16s JBD setup is now working well in my riding mower.

If I were in your shoes id be tempted to build a 12v pack with the spare cells you have now for the 12v accesories too bad the damaged bms only works with down to 5 cells?
Old 12-16-2023, 03:29 PM   #88
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
Ok at least you got it sorted out...
The alternative for the jbd style setup with the balancer which im also using on one of my packs is to use an "A30 controller" to automatically turn the balancer on and off above and below the setpoint you set (like 3.4v)... They are inexpensive controllers which many are using this way. I also battled with swapping the JBD to the JK mainly because I was swapping batteries and wanted an intergrated balancer solution. also I have my solar charging roof so the cart is always being charged on and off while im not around. I decided to go with the jk and since im building 2 parallel packs I am replacing the JBD monitor with a single JUNctek monitor that will monitor both packs at once as far as soc usage and even gives me graphs of current use if I want. (totally unneeded) I also bought a couple of the cheaper 2" monitor displays which connect to each bms I might leave in the battery compartment.

My 16s JBD setup is now working well in my riding mower.

If I were in your shoes id be tempted to build a 12v pack with the spare cells you have now for the 12v accesories too bad the damaged bms only works with down to 5 cells?
With lithium, I've to charge once a week max, so no problem to turn a balancer on/off. The JBD-AP21S002 supports strings 7~21 only. I'd extend my battery from 16S to 20S (60v) but, i think i should sell the four cells with a little profit. 120ah for my Hako lawn tractor would be overkill...
Old 12-16-2023, 04:31 PM   #89
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Smile Re: First Lifepo4 DIY Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
With lithium, I've to charge once a week max, so no problem to turn a balancer on/off. The JBD-AP21S002 supports strings 7~21 only. I'd extend my battery from 16S to 20S (60v) but, i think i should sell the four cells with a little profit. 120ah for my Hako lawn tractor would be overkill...
I didn't want to put ideas in your head but 60 or 72v does mean smaller cables and more power and speed 😀
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO