lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2021, 02:07 PM   #21
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: EPIC amp ATV

Now that's one hell-uv-a golf cart!!!! I would love to see guys faces when you pull up to T-time with this thing!
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2021, 10:20 PM   #22
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

A little progress made the past 2 weeks.

Reached out to Leroy at Navitas after seeing that my controller was limiting armature voltage to 50v. He increased it to the max controller voltage and Holly sh!t! The increase in power is enough for me put buying a larger controller on the back burner. Its at about 50kw now. 70kw would be scary fast and ultimately thats what I'm after. Not so much fast but able to launch like a rocket.

I got the buggy with 100 miles on it. Since then I've put almost 400. 1 of my many complaints was the head lights. Upgraded them all to led.

Next, on the to do list is to re house all the electrical and battery into somthing more secure and water resistant. Ill probably have to deal with cooling later but for now I can always open lid if things get warm.

After the components are housed ill be working on a fender solution. The rear im thinking about going with somthing like these wheel well truck bed boxes. They are made for truck beds to fit between the tailgate and the wheel well. They unlatch swing out for easy access. My use for the hinges is easy cleaning and removal of the boxes and the buggy behind them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:20 AM   #23
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Controll box starting to come together.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:21 AM   #24
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

4 kicker km8s mounted 1250watt db drive neo 4 amp for power.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:23 AM   #25
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

4 kicker km4s with custom lighting and a shallow mount bluetooth head unit for audio input. Cheaper than a Bluetooth adapter and easy to reach controls and equalizer settings are a huge plus!

Old 06-17-2021, 07:25 AM   #26
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Finishes applied, cockpit lights installed, just waiting on switches to show up.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:26 AM   #27
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Switches installed and everything wired up.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:30 AM   #28
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Found an allied 12v 100ah battery on Facebook market place that was dead. Scooped it up for a 100 bucks. Opened it up unplugged the bms and plugged it back in. Good as new!! Hello massive audio battery!!!

Old 07-26-2021, 12:13 PM   #29
Blake21892
Not Yet Wild

I just bought a 2012 epic amp off fb marketplace about a week ago in Lexington ky. I had never heard of them before i saw it for sale and now that im digging for information they seem pretty rare and hard to find info on. Your post helped me figure out motor brand , frame brand etc so thanks a ton! I will post pictures soon and probably be back for some troubleshooting
Blake21892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 03:23 PM   #30
Blake21892
Not Yet Wild

Heres some pictures of my 2012 epic amp. This is how i purchased it, havent made any modifications. Its missing fenders, side mirrors, spare tire. The front end plastic is cracked and “repaired” with duct tape, followed by a splatter style paint job , courtesy of the previous owner.

What i know about mine-
The original battery was removed and replaced with 20 nissan leaf modules (gen 1 I believe)
A makeshift volt meter has been ran and reads 84v on a full charge
The charger has been replaced with a cheap 4a charger
The controller has been replaced with a kelley 72v controller off a golf cart
Its the weakest link of the whole unit in my non professional opinion, it gets way too hot very fast and puts itself in a limp mode.

I feel like im bashing it hard, but just trying to be descriptive.

Overall, its an absolute beast and a blast to ride. With a few changes and maintenance this thing could potentially be my favorite rec vehicle ever
Blake21892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!