lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2014, 12:05 PM   #11
Wesman976
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie,advice with 90's ezgo freedom

Wallet2, yours looks awesome. Are you still on Resistor power? If so what speed is WOT and how many hours approx. are you getting?

Anyway, my plan is to fix up everything so it's useable (not show quality), buy new batteries and charger and go with it. If I choose later to invest and do the conversion kit, can I still use the same batteries and charger? Not looking to spend a lot of money at the moment, if I were, I would have to sneak it by the wife. Much easier to fix one up with my 7 year old son.
Wesman976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie,advice with 90's ezgo freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman976 View Post
Wallet2, yours looks awesome. Are you still on Resistor power? If so what speed is WOT and how many hours approx. are you getting?

Anyway, my plan is to fix up everything so it's useable (not show quality), buy new batteries and charger and go with it. If I choose later to invest and do the conversion kit, can I still use the same batteries and charger? Not looking to spend a lot of money at the moment, if I were, I would have to sneak it by the wife. Much easier to fix one up with my 7 year old son.
Wesman, if you are planning to keep the voltage the same (36v), than YES, the batteries and charger are the same.....the batteries don't care or know what they are driving.

and you mentioned your drive time.....most of us think about in terms of how for it will go. you can get different sized capacity batteries, which increases your drive time/distance. Here is a list of batteries by make/model and what is considered standard golf cart batteries and what is considered better.

6Volt Battery AH comparisons.JPG

The higher the AMP-HRS rating......the longer your cart will run on a single charge. I opted for the Interstate U2200's for my 36V pack, and I can go roughly 25 to 28 miles on a single charge.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO