lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
turbo_wagon
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default First cart headlights question

Hi, new member here with a question about headlight kits. Bought a very used Club Car serial T0131-042888 which tells me 2001 villager 4 if I am interpreting it correctly. I want to totally replace the entire lighting assembly (lights, switch, harness and all) so I ordered a cheap kit off Amazon for a DS but it doesn't fit and I can't seem to find a similar kit marked for a Villager application. The DS bezels are screw-down but the old ones in my cart slide and snap in. Does anyone have any advice for what year/model kit to look for that will work for me? Thanks in advance!
turbo_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2017, 07:42 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: First cart headlights question

Take the old ones out, use the template in the light kit and cut the holes bigger and use the new light set.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
turbo_wagon
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

They are too small for the holes, I'd have to fill in pretty big gaps. I'd post pics but I'm too new to the forums.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:22 PM   #4
turbo_wagon
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The DS headlight bezels are rounded and curve around the corner but the snap in bezels on my cart are more square and flat if that helps anyone. I guess it's possible that one of the POs changed the body...
Old 04-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #5
turbo_wagon
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I've called around and I think I understand my problem. Most of the headlight kits out there are for carts without lights where you are supposed to cut out the holes and fit them yourself. My cart seems to have the factory installed lights which have a different form factor than the aftermarket ones. The factory holes are about an inch larger. So I guess I need to look for an OEM style lighting kit if I want to totally replace the lighting system.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:07 PM   #6
nnmsgst
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_wagon View Post
I've called around and I think I understand my problem. Most of the headlight kits out there are for carts without lights where you are supposed to cut out the holes and fit them yourself. My cart seems to have the factory installed lights which have a different form factor than the aftermarket ones. The factory holes are about an inch larger. So I guess I need to look for an OEM style lighting kit if I want to totally replace the lighting system.
I just installed ddm tuning 880 bulbs into my standard OEM DS light housings. Cart is still disassembled, but I plugged them in to test and they are BRIGHT. By next week I'll post a few pics
nnmsgst is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car