lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #1
Georgia grown
Not Yet Wild

Default 1997 36v eletric ezgo txt

I got a 1997 ezgo txt 36v eletric cart a few weeks ago. I knew it needed batteries and a few other things. I bought new crown batteries and wires to start off. Nothing happened. Looked around the foward/reverse board was cracked. Changed it out and the cart ran. Drove it up the street grinding noise from rearend/motor. Hit a bump on the way back and the cart died. Took the motor off. It had a bad bearing (grinding noise) fixed that and had the rest of the motor looked at as well. Put the motor back in and nothing. Solenoid clicks the controller flashes 4x then solid green when peddle is pushed. Took wires off the motor and f/r board and went through to make sure i had them hooked up right. All wires hooked up right. Pushed the peddle and it took off like it should. Got it loaded up on a trailer and went to back it off soon as i got on it i rolled back and jarred the cart but not bad. So again it won't do anything. I've checked all connections and can not find any loose or bad connections anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.
Georgia grown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1997 36v eletric ezgo txt

Sounds like it could be the four pin Molex plug that is located between the throttle box and the controller. It carries the solenoid activation wire, and throttle wire. They have been known to corrode and cause intermittent problems. Also check the solenoid. Just because it clicks doesn't mean it's closing and making good contact.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #3
Georgia grown
Not Yet Wild

Update... left the battery cable off the main positive over night. Hooked it back up first thing this morning and drove around the yard 2 laps then stopped for a few seconds and it wouldn't go again.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #4
Georgia grown
Not Yet Wild

I also cut the molex plug and did away with it.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:50 AM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm assuming you have an Alltrax controller by the light codes you referred to earlier. What does the light do when the cart doesn't go?

Old 03-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #6
Georgia grown
Not Yet Wild

Yes i have an altrax npx4834. When i press the peddle the liggt flashes green 4x then pauses for a second then stays solid green
Old 03-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia grown View Post
Yes i have an altrax npx4834. When i press the peddle the liggt flashes green 4x then pauses for a second then stays solid green
Maybe Scotty will chime in on that, but I think that would mean the controller is good. The newer SR control I think does more with blink codes than the older ones though. Make sure the solenoid is passing voltage. Also is this a series cart? Check the forward and reverse switch and cables.

Old 03-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The solenoid clicks and the LED comes on green when pedal is pushed, but motor doesn't always run, so the problem is one of the following:
1. High current circuit.
2. ITS circuit.
3. Controller.

1. Connect DVM between the B- and M- terminals on controller. After solenoid clicks, you should read full battery pack voltage.

a. If you do, press pedal to floor and the voltage should decrease to 0V. Also, the LED ought to turn yellow (amber), indicating the throttle is wide open and controller is not in current limiting.

b. If you don't get pack voltage, there is a problem in the high current cables, connections or contacts.

2. Connect DVM between the terminals the black and white wires are connected to. Should be 10V with pedal up and 6V with pedal down.

3. If high current circuit is intact and ITS circuit is functioning normally, the controller is bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NPX.jpg (327.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg AXE-NPX in EZGO.jpg (258.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg NPX - EZ.jpg (238.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #9
Georgia grown
Not Yet Wild

I'll get a tester tomorrow and check the solenoid. I habent had much time today to mess with the cart. However I've got on it a 2 or 3 times and rode aeound on it. 1 time it went a couple of feet and the other rode around the yard several times. Go to walmart came back and nothing would happen

Tags
fnrswitch, new batts/wires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO