lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #1
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Tell me what I've inherited.

This is my neighbor's 2000 36 Volt EZGO. He's had it 10 or 12 years. Since he is up in his eighties he doesn't use it anymore so he gave it to me. I couldn't beat the price. This is my first EZGO. What do I have? Is it series? I don't see a tow/run switch? Is is worth fixing? The frame doesn't look too bad but I haven't gotten up under it to do a through inspection. Any info would be appreciated.

IMG_2704.jpg

IMG_2705.jpg

IMG_2706 2.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

It runs but obviously needs some TLC. I drove it up the road and one of the cables got extremely hot. I'm going to start by replacing the battery cables and cleaning all the connections. It has sat outside all its life.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Help! Tell me what I've inherited.

2000 EZGO TXT. Looks great, particularly for the (no) price. And it even runs?? It would be a series motor. Not fast, but fairly dependable. Your plan to address connections and cables is an excellent start. Take a look underneath for rust issues before you go getting too involved in much else.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Great Deal! I spend a lot of time looking for deals and they are hard to find around here.

Your lucky day. Buy that man a nice bottle of bourbon or a gift certificate to Cracker Barrel!
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 03:17 PM   #4
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

He's a good neighbor. He keeps me pretty busy fixing little odds and ends around his house when I'm in town. I fixed his sticking dead bolt lock just yesterday. He is really an interesting guy, retired Army Master Sergeant that saw some pretty bad things in Korea. Sometimes he talks about it and gets a little emotional. When he wants to talk I make time to listen, I don't care how long it takes. Hopefully i'll be 87 one day. Just recently, some health problems has his golfing sidelined. Up until about 10 months ago he was 6 handicapper.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:29 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
He's a good neighbor. He keeps me pretty busy fixing little odds and ends around his house when I'm in town. I fixed his sticking dead bolt lock just yesterday. He is really an interesting guy, retired Army Master Sergeant that saw some pretty bad things in Korea. Sometimes he talks about it and gets a little emotional. When he wants to talk I make time to listen, I don't care how long it takes. Hopefully i'll be 87 one day. Just recently, some health problems has his golfing sidelined. Up until about 10 months ago he was 6 handicapper.
Wow. And shooting your age is almost unheard of.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
Sideways
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
Kudos to you for making time to listen to him!
My grandfather was in the Navy during WWll and would rarely talk about it as well.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:50 PM   #7
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Kudos to you for making time to listen to him!
My grandfather was in the Navy during WWll and would rarely talk about it as well.
My father served in both WWII and Korea. The only thing he would ever talk about was getting hit, in the radio backpack that he carried. He said the radio battery stopped the bullet from penetrating and hitting him in the back. He passed away 32 years ago. Survivors that served in that era are getting fewer each year. We owe them a debt of gratitude for their service to our country.

55BigBlock, keep trying to engage him with conversation. Sometimes, retired GIs will finally decide to unburden themselves and talk about those things that cause them nightmares in later life. It really does help for them to have someone willing to listen. I had listened to many during testing at Walter Reed Medical Center. I recently invented and patented a technology to detect the onset of PTSD, and a small wireless device that can halt a PTSD episode in just minutes. It uses timed energy pulses to phase cancel the PTSD pattern that was detected.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
My father served in both WWII and Korea. The only thing he would ever talk about was getting hit, in the radio backpack that he carried. He said the radio battery stopped the bullet from penetrating and hitting him in the back. He passed away 32 years ago. Survivors that served in that era are getting fewer each year. We owe them a debt of gratitude for their service to our country.

55BigBlock, keep trying to engage him with conversation. Sometimes, retired GIs will finally decide to unburden themselves and talk about those things that cause them nightmares in later life. It really does help for them to have someone willing to listen. I had listened to many during testing at Walter Reed Medical Center. I recently invented and patented a technology to detect the onset of PTSD, and a small wireless device that can halt a PTSD episode in just minutes. It uses timed energy pulses to phase cancel the PTSD pattern that was detected.
Amazing.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:36 PM   #9
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Amazing.
Yes Amazing
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:02 PM   #10
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tell me what I've inherited.

BobBoyce, Mooncarter, I'm drifting away from my original thread but this is so interesting to me. I've been doing family genealogical research for the several years. My mother had 5 brothers. 3 of them served in WW2. While I was looking at old family reunion pictures from the mid to late fifties, I remembered as a little kid thinking how old these men, my uncles looked. They were in their late thirties then but they looked like they were in their fifties or sixties. In retrospect I'm convinced it's because of experiences they had in the war. All served in Europe except one, a Navy man, who served on the USS Hornet, CV8.

All saw battle and saw friends die. I'm sure they all suffered from PTSD but back then all they could do was internalize it. They had families to take care of. They all were successful but they all drank, some to excess, and smoked heavily. They were no nonsense, short tempered men of few words. Rarely was there any outward showing of emotion but all us kids sensed their caring and compassion. They loved us but never said it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Hornet_(CV-8)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO