lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2019, 01:04 AM   #21
Outdoorsguy83
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 club car moves without hitting pedal

Ok, it seemed like it had the original 2 tab micro switch. What is the difference between the 2? And is the microswitch in the vglide assembly, or is it the one on the shifter.
Outdoorsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2019, 04:50 AM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The micro switch in the FNR is just a two tab with COM and NO terminals.

The micro switch inside the Vglide uses a NC terminal which is present in a 3 tab model.

COM = Commom terminal
NO = Normally Open
NC = Normally Closed.

If you install a NO switch inside the Vglide, the circuit will be closed (ON) while the pedal is at rest and it will open (OFF) as soon as you press the pedal.

This is what you need:
https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...ub-car-1014807
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:01 AM   #23
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Nice example of analytical troubleshooting. Know what you got, know what not preforming to design expectations, know when & how the outage happen, know what changes to the Process (Parts, Precise Set-Up, Good Run Settings) can return the cart to operational status.
Very happy to hear that your cart did not hurt nobody or run over the dog. I have heard of worse. On a liter side I do believe you should get the "Gremlin of the week award"
Enjoy the ride
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 08:11 AM   #24
Outdoorsguy83
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

The micro switch inside the Vglide uses a NC terminal which is present in a 3 tab model.

COM = Commom terminal
NO = Normally Open
NC = Normally Closed.

If you install a NO switch inside the Vglide, the circuit will be closed (ON) while the pedal is at rest and it will open (OFF) as soon as you press the pedal.

This is what you need:

Ohhh,I gotcha now. They installed a while new vglide assembly, but they must have used the old microswitch. I'll check into that and buy a new switch! Thank you for the help on this. I will report back after I replace it
Old 09-28-2019, 08:15 AM   #25
Outdoorsguy83
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Nice example of analytical troubleshooting. Know what you got, know what not preforming to design expectations, know when & how the outage happen, know what changes to the Process (Parts, Precise Set-Up, Good Run Settings) can return the cart to operational status.
Very happy to hear that your cart did not hurt nobody or run over the dog. I have heard of worse. On a liter side I do believe you should get the "Gremlin of the week award"
Enjoy the ride

Cart was never around any kids or animals. And the cart doesn't move very much when that happens, just a short lurch.. So only like a couple inches.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:20 PM   #26
Outdoorsguy83
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

COM = Commom terminal
NO = Normally Open
NC = Normally Closed.

This is what you need:

Ok, after replacing the micro switch in the vglide, i still have the same issue. Do you think the forward reverse switch could be bad?
Old 09-29-2019, 04:49 PM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are You saying that with one rear wheel raised it only moves a little and then stops?

By "same issue" You mean the Solenoid still clicks with the FNR in FWD and Pedal UP when you turn the key ON and it releases when you turn the key OFF?

If so, while the rear wheel is still raised with Pedal UP, FNR in forward and KEY ON, press the pedal and see if the Solenoid goes ON/OFF as you press the pedal.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:52 PM   #28
Outdoorsguy83
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Are You saying that with one rear wheel raised it only moves a little and then stops?

By "same issue" You mean the Solenoid still clicks with the FNR in FWD and Pedal UP when you turn the key ON and it releases when you turn the key OFF?

If so, while the rear wheel is still raised with Pedal UP, FNR in forward and KEY ON, press the pedal and see if the Solenoid goes ON/OFF as you press the pedal.
Ok, so my apologies for not doing that test. Been crazy around home.

After lifting one rear tire, this is what happened.

1. I put the FNR in N
2. I turned key to on position (i heard the solenoid click when i did this)
3. I turned the FNR to F and the wheel started turning then stop as i fully put the FNR lever all the way into F
4. I put the FNR lever back into N and slowly moved the FNR lever until the wheel started moving and kept it there. The wheels then kept moving up to full speed.

So at a point between N and F on the FNR lever it is getting connection and starting to spin the wheels without touching the pedal.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:58 AM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The tests I asked was to help determining the direction of the troubleshoot, random tests results are not very helpful.

You said with the FNR in Neutral the Solenoid clicks as soon as You turn the Key Switch ON, right?

If so, leave the FNR in neutral, turn the key switch ON (the solenoid should click).

Now press the pedal, does the Solenoid go OFF as You press the pedal and turns back ON again when the pedal is at rest?

By the way, that micro-switch on the FNR should be using the COM and NO terminals.
Old 09-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #30
Outdoorsguy83
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
The tests I asked was to help determining the direction of the troubleshoot, random tests results are not very helpful.

You said with the FNR in Neutral the Solenoid clicks as soon as You turn the Key Switch ON, right?

If so, leave the FNR in neutral, turn the key switch ON (the solenoid should click).

Now press the pedal, does the Solenoid go OFF as You press the pedal and turns back ON again when the pedal is at rest?

By the way, that micro-switch on the FNR should be using the COM and NO terminals.
yes, that is correct.

i will have to try that when i get home from work.
I believe the only click i get is from the pedal itself, not the click from the solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car