lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2019, 08:31 PM   #1
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Fender flares

I just got a set of fender flares for my 2005 precedent, before I install them are there any don't s I should know. I hate to put holes in my wheel wells but I see no other way.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2019, 08:45 PM   #2
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Fender flares

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
I just got a set of fender flares for my 2005 precedent, before I install them are there any don't s I should know. I hate to put holes in my wheel wells but I see no other way.
I've install two sets, one set on my previous GC and a set on my current GC.

You might need a helping hand although I installed both sets by myself.
When I say helping hand, if someone could help you hold them in place while you check for proper fit and mark the holes, that would help.

I love my flares. Sometimes I have to go into muddy areas on a Clay shoot and they prevent a lot of mud being slung up on the side of the cart, you and your passenger/s
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The goat ranch golf courses I play have mud also, that's the reason for the flares. I think I may be able to get the old woman that lives with me to help hold them. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:26 AM   #4
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

When I put mine on I kinda held them up and figured out where I wanted them to start and end. With the precedent front flare you need to get around the trim/cover for the roof strut mounting bolt. A small recess should exist on the flare for this.

I start with the rear of the front flare and the front of the rear flare. Drill and mount the flare to that first hole.

Then I stretch the flare out it will kinda form the the body as you hold it up and get it close to where it was designed to go.

I then drill the and mount the hole for the front most mounting point on the front flare or the rear most hole on the rear flare leaving the middle loose.

This method seems to keep the flare profile more rounded like a wheel arch. The first time I did this I held up the flare marked all the holes drilled them and then tried to fit the flare to the holes I drilled. Epic fail...

I usually use a 1/8in drill bit and alot of force when running the screws in. I've never had a screw strip doing it this way.

Good luck and happy mounting.. 8D!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:12 AM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Thanks that makes sense
Old 11-02-2019, 11:59 AM   #6
carolinaguy99
Not Yet Wild

I'm looking at doing some too, saw some online that have a reflector in the front pair. Kinda nifty.
carolinaguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:27 PM   #7
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

The last pair I installed had those cheap nylon push in retainers "for lack of a proper name" I pulled one loose pretty easy once on some brush so I replaced them with SS bolts, flat washers and lock nuts.

Also pay attention to what Jkerle said about paying attention to what might be behind the hole you want to drill. You may have to shift the flare a bit to get the hole to not interfere with something behind the fender.
I had forgot to mention that.

On edit, here I go with the sideways picture thing again. Don't understand why this happens here and not other forums?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0667.jpg (214.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0668.jpg (215.8 KB, 0 views)
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:41 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaguy99 View Post
I'm looking at doing some too, saw some online that have a reflector in the front pair. Kinda nifty.
I started to install mine today, didn't like the look so I have a brand new set if you are interested. On my cart they just stick out too far for my liking. I'm glad I never done any drilling.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:24 AM   #9
Rootman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What brand fender flare did you purchase? They sell aluminum spacers to offset your wheels out for a wider stance. I bet that would make your flares look good/appropriate.
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:03 AM   #10
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I got the ones that have the reflectors, I really don't want the cart wider. I haul it a lot and there is not much room on each side on the trailer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car