lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2020, 02:35 PM   #1
kgottfried3
Not Yet Wild

Angry Club Car Beeps then Dies !!

I have a 2014 Club Car Precedent (48 volt electric) that has been rebuilt by a dealer in southern Mississippi. I bought it about a year ago and the car is in like new condition. Yesterday I took it out for a spin in the neighborhood and noticed for the first time that the thing was beeping as I let off of the accelerator pedal. When I accelerated the beeping stopped. Again when I let off of the pedal it would beep again. After about one mile of that I pulled it into my driveway and just parked it. 30 minutes later I went to move it and nothing would happen. With the key on the radio would play. The head lights worked and the horn would blow. The batteries are almost fully charged. With the key on it will not move either in forward or reverse. The reverse alarm does not sound either. Any suggestions?
kgottfried3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Beeps then Dies !!

I'm sure someone who knows more than I will answer before long. I would try pulling the pack negative off for 15 minutes to see if a reset helps.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:04 AM   #3
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I never knew that there was a beeper on a precedent. Did you mean to say buzz instead of beep.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:59 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

How much of it was "rebuilt"?
There was an issue with the older IQ carts that would cause the buzzer to beep when going downhill, but I think they fixed that issue in the later models.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:00 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

I have seen a controller FET fail and cause and I have seen a failed solenoid cause it. (Thought it was in roll-away when you were off the throttle.)

The no reverse alarm makes me think controller....

Time to start testing and ruling things out till you prove the issue. Do you know how to teat the controller in outs? And is this a factory Curtis Controller?
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car