lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2020, 12:14 AM   #1
Hacker4
Not Yet Wild

Default Replace 3 bad batteries in 3 yr old PD+ 48V battery pack?

My first post. Bought a new Club Car Precedent I2 Electric with ERIC, manufactured in September, 2017. I play three rounds a week, charge it after every use, add distilled water every month, clean terminals and use protector spray, etc etc. Cart started SHUDDERING due to battery pack voltage problems and found that the battery in the #6 location in the attached picture had a bad cell and only produced 6V, so I replaced it with a T-875. I have checked my individual battery voltages, specific gravities and did a load test on each battery going up a 40’ elevation hill (see attached table).
1) Of the remaining five PD+ batteries with a D7 date stamp (April, 2017 manufacture?) I have, in my assessment, 2 good batteries, 1 average and 2 poor. Do I replace the remaining 5 batteries or just the 3 poor/average ones? The 2 good batteries (#2 & #5) appear to be in great shape. I will use the cart for the next 4+ years. 2) Any other comments/suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020 Battery pic.jpg (218.2 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2020 07 Battery data r04.txt (779 Bytes, 0 views)
Hacker4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2020, 01:22 AM   #2
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina
Default Re: Replace 3 bad batteries in 3 yr old PD+ 48V battery pack?

If it were me I would replace all! Because if you don't the older ones will bring down the new one(s) and cause them to go bad faster!
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:09 AM   #3
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

I agree with Roy...Replace them all...Those PD+ batteries don't have a good reputation...Had them in my 17 Precedent...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:04 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

When only replacing 1 or 2 batteries, the charger will overcharge the new batteries trying to get the old ones charged. This will shorten the life of your new ones. Get all new batteries.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:23 PM   #5
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

I'd probably buy five more T-875's if you just recently purchased the one T-875.
As mentioned already the TD batteries have a shoddy rep and don't seem to last long.
One other option would be to purchase known good used batteries for the time being.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:35 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Replace them all and be done with it.
If you have the ERIC charger you need to update the charge algorithm in the charger to properly charge the Trojan batteries. Directions for that can be found in post #11 of this thread: https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ight=algorithm
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:32 PM   #7
Hacker4
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much. The advice is very clear and consistent. I will replace ALL the used batteries and make the ERIC adjustments.
Hacker4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, eric, pd+, replace, spws
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car