lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2020, 07:49 PM   #1
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Double Take Spartan "Hole" Question

So I decided to buy a Double Take Spartan body rather than deal with all of the body work issues that I would have had to deal with on the original body. My cart is an '86, and on the DT body I see a big "hole" behind the seat; what the heck is that? My body is solid (on the cart, not my physical body!) and doesn't have any "hole" so I am wondering what goes there.

Looks like a cool place for an ice chest or something but thought I would run it by you guys before it gets here so I have a plan!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2020, 07:59 PM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Double Take Spartan "Hole" Question

It is likely the access hole for the controller and motor. Older carts did not have this. You should be able to find the cover easily.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:11 PM   #3
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you! My guess is that it does not come with the body so I am trying to be prepared. I'll start a search to see what I am looking for!
Old 07-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

It should be a bagwell insert and the motor access cover you will need to fill that area. I installed a Spartan body on a 2006 DS. Original parts fit great. This is the part number for the bagwell kit if you want new stuff - 101768202 - includes plastic rivets.

Any of your old plastic trim can be restored to like new appearance (less dings, cut and scratches) with BLAK available on Amazon. Here is what one treatment on a Precedent looks like. Get the small bottle. You can do 5 Precedents with one bottle including floor mats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trim Restore BLAK.jpg (208.6 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:29 AM   #5
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you, Ping! I have a rear seat on my cart now so the bagwell won't really be used (I don't think the golf course will allow my cart on it anyway!). The "hole" from what I can learn does appear to be the motor access panel (my cart is so old it did not have that!).

Your cart looks great! Are you happy with the body and would you purchase it again? I looked at painting or wrapping mine, but the cost was close to the new body and I liked the through and through color of the DT body and that is what sold me (I actually bought a HVLP gun and was going to paint mine myself-which obviously would have been cheaper-but I did not like the possibility of scratching it and having to touch it up).
Old 07-24-2020, 10:36 AM   #6
Spoolx
Gone Wild

It’s called an “access panel” and can be found used or repopped pretty cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Club-Car-DS-A.../dp/B076B2G8LC
Spoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 10:39 AM   #7
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Awesome; thank you Spool!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car