lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

Default A possible NEW question..

Maybe the idea or question has been asked before, but I have found it slightly hard to tell the exact water level even with a flash light on new batteries. What do you think (pro/con) of maybe adding a SMALL amount of food coloring to the water ? I figured a small amount to where you can still see the plates and all, but maybe to where it adds some actual depth of the water level above the plates. I am not saying I want to try it on my batteries to be the test rat, but wondered if anyone had thought of it or tried it.

Maybe I am over-anal of the exact water level to keep my new batteries perfect, but thought I would throw the idea out there. I wondered if it could dye the plates to match and really make it harder or if it would tint the water just enough to not let it get too low as well as not over fill. Maybe red or yellow
EZGO-MY-WALLET2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
Kix
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: A possible NEW question..

Auto parts stores sell a "jug" for distilled water with an "auto-stop" outlet. It will stop water from going into your battery at "x" level.
I think it would be lots cheaper that reinventing the wheel
Kix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

IMO The water level above the plates is not that important only that the water level is above the plates, around 1/4" - 1/2". If you use (and charge) the cart frequently, then check the water level frequently.
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
dougmcp
Gone Wild

I agree with Kix, been using one for years, fills and stops perfectly every time.
About $8 at most auto parts stores:

dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

wow, never heard of the "jug". I will find a place to squeeze that on a shelf in the garage for sure :) I thought kix may be fooling me, thanks for the pic doug. This site never stops huh.... ? Also, laughing at kix for "reinventing the wheel" Bad thing is, I have worked around cars for a living for 20yrs and never seen one....
Old 08-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I have given those "jugs" away with new electric carts before. Real handy to have. The only thing i hate about them it that it takes so long to fill a battery if its real low.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
EZGO-MY-WALLET2
Gone Wild

mine won't be real low.....and I have nothing but time :) Thanks for your input. I will have one by the end of the week.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 AM   #8
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

If you want to go little more expensive get a water fill system for your batts. You just fill a tube and it automatically keeps the correct water level in your batteries. They can run a couple hundred dollars, but it beats the heck of filling each cell one at a time.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO