lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #21
ThatGuyJake
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Bumpy ride, what else could it be? Help Please!!

You may have tried this in an earlier post...

Maybe take the wheel that seems to be the issue in the rear and move it to the front suspension for the spin test? It definitely seems that something is wrong with the rear end, so I would not use it as a frame of reference for testing a possible wheel/tire issue.
ThatGuyJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #22
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Okay, took some video to show all 4 tires spinning. Remember entire front end is basically new, so should only be tires/wheels in question here, and on rear we are talking possible tire/wheel and/or axel there. Also, turn up volume and you can hear the motor humpy bumpy sound I was talking about on the rear. You tell me if you think they are acceptable or not regarding how they spin and does the rear sound okay? Thanks.

Front Passenger tire:
http://txbonds.zenfolio.com/p967513586/e4de066e2

Front Driver tire:
http://txbonds.zenfolio.com/p967513586/e4de095b0

Rear Passenger tire:
http://txbonds.zenfolio.com/p967513586/e4de066f0

Rear Driver tire:
http://txbonds.zenfolio.com/p967513586/e4de095c2
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
rib33024

--- Front passenger side

there is a problem with that tire, a flat spot, or the tire is out of round..

--- Front driver side, tire is out of round..

--- Rear passenger side, has a little wobble to it.

--- Rear driver side looks good
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #24
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks

I'm of the same opinion. 3 bad tires/wheels. Put email into supplier with plan to call tomorrow.

What about the rear end noise? Does it sem normal?
Old 12-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
rib33024

No, but,,, it hard to tell with out being there to look at it,,, your going to have to narrow it down to one area, to figure out what it is, it could be the brake shoes, the motor bumper on the input shaft, input shaft bearing, it could be a bearing in the motor case/can, it could be a bearing in the rear axle, a bearing in the rear gears,-- it could be
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #26
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
No, but,,, it hard to tell with out being there to look at it,,, your going to have to narrow it down to one area, to figure out what it is, it could be the brake shoes, the motor bumper on the input shaft, input shaft bearing, it could be a bearing in the motor case/can, it could be a bearing in the rear axle, a bearing in the rear gears,-- it could be

Yikes. Lots of possibilities.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #27
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Slight updates:

I reached out to tire/wheel supplier this morning and they are reviewing my videos with the Colorado components rep (maker of fairway alloys and EFX). Should know something soon about the 3 tires that look out of round in videos I posted.

On a separate front I spoke to the folks at Plum Quick and they are holding a bandit motor for me until tomorrow. They are checking to see if one of the used 2007 club car rear axle assemblies will fit on my 2004. If so, I'm going to just pick up a full replacement rear axle assembly with motor. That way I just bolt my springs and lift on and attach to cart and good to go. No need to tear mine all apart trying to figure out what's what. With the 400amp Alltrax I'm hoping to see a small torque increase also and maintain same top speed. Have 4 guage cables already but may need to upgrade solenoid.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #28
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

watching closely as i have a 2003 DS with 6" lift and HD rear spring.

i had 22" rox tires on the cart that were brand new. I had the same bumpy ride like it was tires. so after trying different pressures i gave up and sold those and bought some nice 12" sti wheels with 23" sti all trial tires that are DOT compliant. So i figured those have to be pretty round right.

Wrong. Same wobble or bounce thats rythmic at speed just like you described. Though mine is fickle, it does it worse than other times. Sometimes, though rarely it doesnt do it at all.. pisses me off.

My cart goes about 22mph and when its really bad the whole cart and roof shakes horribly. interested in hearing your results
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:21 PM   #29
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

sorry double post...
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #30
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm trying to get tires replaced but am also replacing rear axle assembly and motor. At that point there will be nothing to cause it but tires and wheels since all other running gear would be new/replaced. Fingers crossed.

I'm also going to swap shocks too as the next step. Forgot to mention that.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car