lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2013, 03:31 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: will it hurt my motor to run on low voltage?

A couple things cross my weird mind.

First, a "Couple" of anything is a numerically ambiguous term, similar to few, or many, or several.

Secondly, 75-80% is a definite value range, but what is it a percentage of?
Granted, it a percentage of the battery's storage capacity, but the AH a battery can store decreases with age, and these are old batteries, so it is an unknown.

Technically, a relatively new, properly broken in, T-105 can store about 225AH, so at 80% SoC, 45AH have been used.
If it was charged with a constant current source putting out 20A, it would take 2.25 hours to return 45AH, but battery charging isn't 100% efficient, so about 15% has to be added to the charge time, bringing it up to around 2.6 hours. Then toss in the fact that most chargers only put out their max amps during the initial phase of the charge cycle and lesser amps in subsequent phases, which lengthens charge time, so the charge time for a 225AH battery from 80% SoC tends to be in the 3-4 hour range depending on the charger's max initial output and the charge profile used.

Charging in less time than that could mean that the charger isn't fully charging the batteries,
Or it could mean the T-105 battery's storage capacity is less than 225AH due to aging.

To say I am not fond of the PW-QE is a gross understatement, but the green lite does come on steady and the batteries are 6 years old, so I lean towards the latter.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 AM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: will it hurt my motor to run on low voltage?

Also, the SOC measured could have been taken too soon after driving to be accurate. Need to rest 1/2 hour or so for the batteries to "recover".
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO