lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
superuo
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 TXT DCS will not charge.

I have a powerwise 36v charger. I followed the steps in a troubleshooting video on youtube and it passed all the checks:

Continuity checks:
negative at plug to negative going into transformer
spring switch inside plug to red wire going into control board
positive at plug to positive inside
both diodes do not have continuity when checked with heat sink (as they should according to video)

Jumped input wires on control board and the charger started up which according to the video means the control board is good.

The control board is the newer one that makes the other board superfluous.

50amp Fuse is good.

When I plug the charger plug into the receptacle, after 10 mins or so I smell a slight burning smell that I cannot find but it is definitely coming out of the battery compartment.

When plugged into the receptacle, the charger does not start up. This charger did work prior to me working on this cart for various issues that JohnnieB helped me with such as F/R buzzer, no forward or reverse, etc.

voltage at the receptacle is 36.8 volts, and each battery is 6.0 or higher.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Not sure if I am allowed to add links or if its important, but here is the link to the video I watched to repair the charger.

superuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: 98 TXT DCS will not charge.

Quote:
Jumped input wires on control board and the charger started up which according to the video means the control board is good.

The control board is the newer one that makes the other board superfluous.
i think you got that part backward video at 2:40 says if you by pass board and it comes on then board is bad
Old 08-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
superuo
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I might have at that. He actually says it both ways after going back and watching the whole thing again. somewhat confusing. He does say at first that means its bad then he says it means its good.

So if the charger runs when I jump those two wires, do you think it means the board is bad or good.
Old 08-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
crash test dummy

i think it means bad ... my thinking is that you by pass that board when you jump the wires and it works with out the board inline then board is bad
Old 08-31-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
superuo
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like good logic to me.

Do you have an online supplier of Golf Cart Parts you recommend?

I can start by clicking the golf cart parts ad that is at the top of my screen I guess lol. But if anyone can recommend one based on good service and price I would be happy to use them.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
crash test dummy

sponsor and real good people
http://www.golfcartking.com/
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO