lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
maddog513
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default backup buzzer effect power?

Hi everyone I am new here and new to the golf cart thing. I recently purchased a 2008 ez go 36 volt. I bought this with the intention of upgrading over timeto use for hunting. Already determined series wound, non dcs. cart seemed a little weak and short battery life so I tested the battery pack and each battery, when checking I noticed that the black wire on the backup buzzer was disconnected. I plugged it back up and the buzzer now works and it definitely has more torque and a little more speed? This just does not seem to make any sense, all batteries tested out good. Any ideas?
maddog513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: backup buzzer effect power?

**** maddog......you are just around the corner....I'm in West Columbia! hmmmmmm I actually UNPLUGGED mine!! since you are so close, you should come by some time. My cart is a 2007, but other than that its was Identical. check out my build:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...art-build.html

oh and btw.....CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #3
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Both wires are unplugged from mine, & it's laying in the cubby-hole thingy.....maybe I need to hook it back up..........nah, then I'd prolly need seatbelts & a wheelie bar! LOL
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
maddog513
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Nice build Sir Nuke! That is probably my spring project. Seriously considering going to 48V to start with, just have to convince the wife it is worth it down the road. Right now we just needed something better to get us around the dove and deer lease. Me, a 9 yr. old, dog and gear is just getting WAY to crowded on a 4 wheeler. This cart is definitely SLOW, but I am more concerned with the charge life. Seems pretty short to me, but I still need to go all the way through all connections and clean and protect thoroughly. I noticed the gear selector contacts are pretty dirty. I just got her home yesterday, so I will start playing with it seriously this week. Previous owner took decent care of it, but not GREAT!
maddog513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

well seeing as you are so close, if you ever need a hand with anything.....just shoot me a PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I have a series cart and your post makes no sense, UNLESS, somehow the reverse 1/2 speed is somehow discombobulated.

Since this is an easy test, try driving in forward and reverse with and without the "black wire" connected.

Get your money's worth out of the current batteries, then upgrade to 48 volts. You'll be happy you did.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO