lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #11
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1996 TXT series motor ID

Thanks a bunch Cableguy. D&D motor website showed Systems Inc but I didn't think it would be there motor if it was OEM.
I will talk to PQ for the Bandit upgrade but I would love to have other suggestions. Rear differential rebuild in progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cleaner Diff.jpg (175.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Diff Removed.jpg (179.3 KB, 0 views)
Thatsme? is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Maybe it's just me, but when I tore my 1998 rear-end apart, I replaced every bearing and seal. Maybe old work habits, but parts are cheap, compared to labor and downtime.

Don't forget to take and post pics of the rear-end rebuild (unlike me).
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:34 PM   #13
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I plan to replace every bearing seal and O ring. The cart ran fine except for the noise in the rear end. Also need to flush the rear axle. One of the outer axle bearings was bad when I bought the cart so I gambled on that being the only noise in the rear axle. There was nasty stuff in the axle tube when I pulled the axles so I don't know what I will find in a complete rebuild. I want to rebuild or service the motor also. I could not read the tag on the motor but Cableguy helped me with the motor ID i think. I am thinking about Plum Quick to tune up the motor but this is my first cart so I need advice. I am considering 48 volts and controller upgrade from ScottyB. I dont know if my needs require all of this.
I just want a dependable cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diff Removed.jpg (179.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Cleaner Diff.jpg (175.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-02-2013, 11:39 PM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

you will want it....and if you are going to upgrade in the manner you mentioned, you will need it, that is if you want the dependable cart you mentioned. and going to 48v from the start.....its the way to go.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #15
Thatsme?
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
you will want it....and if you are going to upgrade in the manner you mentioned, you will need it, that is if you want the dependable cart you mentioned. and going to 48v from the start.....its the way to go.
Just wondering your post shows you are 36 volt. I can't find the post where Johnny compared 6-8's to 8-6 volts.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:51 PM   #16
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsme? View Post
Just wondering your post shows you are 36 volt. I can't find the post where Johnny compared 6-8's to 8-6 volts.
The only reason I am still at 36v is because I didn't find BGW before I bought my new batteries, and didn't know better at the time.......now I do......and will go up to 48v either next battery change, or when I can't stand it anymore and I get a wild hair......and about $1000 extra dollars (batteries and a new charger)

here is the 6 and 8v battery chart if this helps

48V - 36V Comparisons.JPG
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:43 AM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

When I did my upgrades, I stuck with my stock motor, and was quite happy. It's still still sitting in a box, and I need to sell it one day. I only bought a new one 'cause I just wanted to be as fast as possible, and I may one day get bigger tires. I figured more Hp would help.

Even at 500 amps and 48 volts and three passengers, stock motor would get hot, but not dangerously so. Heat is the main thing to worry about, and heat is affected by speed, hills, passengers, and time between going uphill and downhill. If this will mainly be driven on subdivision roads, you may want to stick with the stock motor. You can always upgrade it, or buy a new one later.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO