lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2014, 06:52 AM   #11
Leed1315
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: First golf cart need information and advice

So if I have a TXT was I correct on assuming I have a Sepex DCS system or did some of the TXTs have different setups?

So if I was to go ahead and get 6 new batteries. I could get one of the mentioned packages and upgrade later? This setup would allow me to add 1 6v and run at 42 or 2 6v and run at 48?

I found a local shop selling 6 Trojan t-105s for $635 and tax is that a fair price? What are the Crowns mentioned going for and who carries them?

I appreciate all the feedback and help
Leed1315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2014, 07:32 AM   #12
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed1315 View Post
1. So if I have a TXT was I correct on assuming I have a Sepex DCS system or did some of the TXTs have different setups?

2. So if I was to go ahead and get 6 new batteries. I could get one of the mentioned packages and upgrade later? This setup would allow me to add 1 6v and run at 42 or 2 6v and run at 48?

3. I found a local shop selling 6 Trojan t-105s for $635 and tax is that a fair price? What are the Crowns mentioned going for and who carries them?

1. NO.....the TXT is a body/model type. here is the difference in this image....which do you have?

ezgoguide.jpg

personally.....If I were wanting to build a hunting buggy....I would want a Series Cart. the Sepex drive system isn't has adapt at slows speeds, like creeping thru the woods and the motors will be more prone to heat build-up. The Series drive system is more suited to the task. The Series Drives are considered the Work Horse of the carts.

2. Depending on the Package/Controller ....yes. and the voltage upgrade is fairly simple, just remember it will require the purchase of a new charger.

3. Battery prices tend to be regional.....so just find some cart shops and ask around. the important part is to get QUALITY batteries. (Trojan, Crown, US Battery, Interstate, ) AND get the highest AH rated batteries you can afford, as the higher the AH rating, the more run time you will have.

6Volt Battery AH comparisons.JPG
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:21 AM   #13
Leed1315
Not Yet Wild

I believe it is the center Sepex DCS. I just pulled it off the trailer. It has the handle for forward and reverse. It also has the bell shaped thing behind it and then the tow run switch also.
Leed1315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leed1315 View Post
1. So if I have a TXT was I correct on assuming I have a Sepex DCS system or did some of the TXTs have different setups?

2. So if I was to go ahead and get 6 new batteries. I could get one of the mentioned packages and upgrade later? This setup would allow me to add 1 6v and run at 42 or 2 6v and run at 48?

3. I found a local shop selling 6 Trojan t-105s for $635 and tax is that a fair price? What are the Crowns mentioned going for and who carries them?

Just expanding on what Sir Nuke posted.

1. The TXT is a body style (Plastic body) and was fitted with at least 3 different drive systems. Series, DCS and PDS, the last two being Sepex systems.

The 808 package mentioned earlier is for a PDS and the 404 package also mentioned is for a DCS. Positively identify what drive system your cart has before ordering parts. Posting pictures of cart and what is under the seat will help identify it.

2. The batteries are connected in series and work best and last longer (lifespan) when closely matched, so it is best to buy all the batteries needed for a 36V, 42V or 48V battery pack at the same time. (Adding a new battery to an old pack or adding an old battery to a new pack, may cause some issues)

3. Think outside the box.
I special ordered my Exide batteries through a local tractor supply.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO