lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
SPED74
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Default harley plugs

what kind of plugs have you guys found to be the best in old harley 2 strokes
SPED74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2009, 10:57 AM   #2
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: harley plugs

I use a B8ES and any brand 3/4 reach plug in the same heat range. I have used Champion, Ac and Nipondenso in my Harley and G9 Yamaha's with excellent results. I am using a B8ES now for the last year or so and the plug reads perfect. The others did also. I changed plugs a couple of years ago to see what plugs were satisfactory because I had a few cartons of plugs in the same heat range and they all worked and read very good for a 30 day test period. I use the cart daily for rounds in my vineyard and golf on week ends. So!!!! I found that there is no best plug as long as the specifications are correct. A B8ES seems to be correct.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
SPED74
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

thanks tew thats what i'm running currently i was just making sure i was in the right ball park
Old 04-14-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

To make extra sure just read your plug occasionally it can give you some indication of engine condition or oil mixture!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
SPED74
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

ok i will we are haveing truoble with the one right now anyway. it was running great and i ran it out ouf fuel. now it don't have any power. so i put new plug and air filter still nothing
Old 04-14-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Check the engine compression. Should be around 85 to 90 Pounds. But you may have a fuel delivery issue.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
SPED74
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

my next step i'm going to try is to blow out all the fuel lines, maybe picked up some junck from bottom of tank. you know of anything little you can do to these to give them more power
Old 04-14-2009, 01:25 PM   #8
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Just make sure the check valve on the bottom of the fuel input is working while you are there. I install an inline fuel filter to keep trash out. Also you might pull the fuel pump and clean it. Sounds like you have a handle on the problem. Keep us posted on the results!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #9
SPED74
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

i will do... how is the best way to clean the fuel pump and how do they operate on them things
Old 04-14-2009, 01:46 PM   #10
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Pull the carb. remove the white cover and check for trash. The cover (fuel inlet) has a screen filter under it and it may be plugged. If it has trash under it you may not have to go any farther but I would the diaphragms and clean them. Inspect the carb and blow out any trash if any ( corrosion will be the trash in there) I really suspect you pulled a small amount of water into the carb. Be carefull and do not lose any parts. The carb is usually a Tillotson HL231B a cross setcion should be on the net!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson