lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2020, 11:39 PM   #1
706golfcartmech
Not Yet Wild

Default What kind of run time...

Hello there we have been expirementing with lithium battery set ups on hunting cart I build which REALTREE is cure toy using to hunt and film we are running 600 amp a.c. conversion kitom ezgo txt and havent found a set to get over 20 miles and yes we have tries the Relion 48 volt pack had 4 in cart only got 22 miles which is what we are currently getting with lead acid.....

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
706golfcartmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2020, 04:54 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: What kind of run time...

I'm an amateur at best, but just curious as to what is the average temperatures you are running the cart in.

However, what is your Relion 48V pack's amp-hour rating?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:08 PM   #3
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Why not try a DIY Nissan Leaf pack? A 14S pack will give you extra voltage and you can size it to drive as far as you care to. 14S2P will probably do everything you want but a 14S3P is an option if the 2P isn't enough.

Dave, your cart has a 14S2P, right? What range do you get?

GolfCartMech, is there some other issue going on with your cart? On flat level ground is it easy to push? You may have dragging brakes or out of spec toe in that could cause reduced range.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:53 AM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Bronsonj.....I have a G1 7 module pack that I'm in the process of upgrading via "adding" another 7 modules.

My current 7 module pack get's what I "need" done......I just want more range. Don't really need it......I just want it.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:45 AM   #5
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you have any idea what your average amp draw is? That's an important figure when you try to calculate range. The terrain is going to be a major factor and that is not something anyone can factor for you unless they were driving on the same surface and grades. I calculated 72 miles out of a 14s2p gen 2 leaf pack on one of my builds. The calculation was done with only me on the cart at 15mph on extremely flat pavement. Average amp draw over 50% of the pack was 25amps. 120ah/25amps = 4.8h x 15mph = 72mi

Say we tried to make an educated guess and say that offroad with a grade required and average amp draw that was 2x that of the flat pavement. We will also reduce the speed to 10mph. 120ah/50amp = 2.4h x 10mph = 24mi

One way to increase range would be to get a 2 speed rear end. When off road run in low range to provide more torque at less amps.
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:47 AM   #6
706golfcartmech
Not Yet Wild

Average temp around 50 in winter and around 95 at least in summer

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
706golfcartmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium