lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #21
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: D&D warranty

The reason I asked is because (as I see it), if it wasn't a direct sale, he is barking up the wrong tree. If it wasn't a direct sale, D+D didn't take his money. The contract was made where the money changed hands.

Last edited by tag50; 10-28-2015 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: grammer
tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2015, 04:35 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by suboldguy View Post
For mine, it started to make a grinding sound while I was coming home from a 3 mile round trip, it got super duper hot started to smell and letting out some of its magic smoke, slowed to a crawl and then stopped. I had to pull and push it the half mile home. Took almost a day for the motor to cool back down to 70 degrees room temp! It had less than two weeks on the motor and maybe 20-25 miles on it.
Which D&D motor?
What Amp controller?
What Tire Height?
What differential gear ratio?
What terrain?
How much weight on cart, or weight being towed if any?
How fast were you traveling during the 3 mile trip?

Perhaps D&D is trying to get the answers to the above questions to determine if the motor should be warrantied or not.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #23
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Could be. Just because something fails in a modified golf cart doesn't mean it is automatically a warranty issue.
Sometimes good advice is ignored about the application or use of such components and then customers send the product back when it "fails".
Component failure can be caused by other factors outside of the manufacture's responsibility. Take solenoid failure as an example. A solenoid fails, owner assumes it's defective.
A closer look may show resistor or diode not used or failed first. Or solenoid was undersized for the amp draw. Or amp draw was excessive due to other factors.

Manufactures like D&D make a good product and they are not out to take any profit they are not entitled to but they need to make sure what they pay out on is
1. really their responsibility
2. preventable on future sales
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:12 PM   #24
suboldguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Which D&D motor?
What Amp controller?
What Tire Height?
What differential gear ratio?
What terrain?
How much weight on cart, or weight being towed if any?
How fast were you traveling during the 3 mile trip?

Perhaps D&D is trying to get the answers to the above questions to determine if the motor should be warrantied or not.
All that info was included on the warranty worksheet that was sent in with the motor.
Just to be clear, this thread is not about if the motor is covered under warranty only how long does one have to wait before he or she should start to be concerned about when and if a they are going to make a decision and make any contact with you, if it was bought direct from them or to contact your vendor and have that info passed onto you.
suboldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:25 PM   #25
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
...snip...Just to be clear, this thread is not about if the motor is covered under warranty only how long does one have to wait before he or she should start to be concerned about when and if a they are going to make a decision and make any contact with you....
Known as Customer Service...seems like you're at about one month right now for not having a cart. Seems a little long to be kept in the dark.

You have two months (or two billing cycles) to put a stop payment on a Visa card. Then it will be up to the seller to justify to Visa why they should still be paid for their services. If they present a valid case then you will be SOL. On the other hand if they lose enough of these Visa will drop them.

Get an arbitrator involved (i.e. Visa in this case) and let them deal with all the gobble gook BS about controllers, tires, etc.... Selling a jacked up motor and expecting it to be used in a cart owned by granny to get to church in is pretty ludicrous.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:35 PM   #26
culli292
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
The reason I asked is because (as I see it), if it wasn't a direct sale, he is barking up the wrong tree. If it wasn't a direct sale, D+D didn't take his money. The contract was made where the money changed hands.

I bought it directly from D&D. When I called to order they didn't have it in stock but were able to build it the very same day. Their customer service was excellent when I bought it and to clarify things up, my motor is set to arrive at their shop tomorrow so I have nothing bad to say about the situation. They knew exactly how my cart was setup when I ordered it. I just hope someone returns my emails so I don't have to be a pest and call them repeatedly.
culli292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:54 PM   #27
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Just my two cents: This is not a large company you are dealing with. It is a small company dealing in a niche market. Neither of these facts are positives fro them. Call again tomorrow. If you get the run around again, start climbing the chain. Don't forget to get names along the way. It shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 three< "may I speak to your supervisor", queries until you reach the person who has put everything on the line to build the business. When you contact him/her, explain the situation and request their help in at least getting you a reasonable explanation of the location and condition of your motor.
If that doesn't work. start with the credit card company.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 05:55 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Arbitrator? Really? Can't you just call?
Old 10-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #29
suboldguy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post

So what you're saying, if I can't get an answer from the one I'm suppose to get the updates from, I can't go any higher? If you take your car in for what might be warranty work and the service advisor at the dealer doesn't give you any updates, you don't bother going to the service manager, general manager owner or main company for answers?
You buy a tv from a retailer and their policy is that you have to call to get a rma number and fill out their paperwork and send it back to the manufacturer in the original box for a possible warranty issue, would you call the retailer everyday looking for an update or the manufacturer that you sent the tv back to? The retailer has no idea what is happening and until they are brought into the loop, I would think you would be contacted by the manufacturer, that's what happened on several tvs, printers and computers that I have sent in for warranty.
suboldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:01 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sometimes there are issues a manufacture will share with the dealer, not the customer. I know for a fact it is a dealer sale then it's a dealer's responsibility to interface with his customer on warranty issues. Again Alltrax and DPI have you guys spoiled with direct communication. It's nice but it is not the agreement or policy and in no way diminishes the warranty results, if fact sometimes a dealer knows what to say to keep the warranty intact.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO