lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help! Pds dead!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia088 View Post
Well I charged over night under garage. So it should have dried out some. I took foot pedal cover off. It's not sitting in water, but I'm sure it got soaked. The cart will move slightly when you press the accelerator but then quit. I have visually checked most all connections and they look pretty good. I have not tested each battery individually or as a whole. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does the solenoid click?
Does the pre-charge resistor get Hot?

The statement highlighted in red is a symptom of the solenoid contacts not closing. (IE: The charge the filter capacitors get via the pre-charge resistor is enough to move the cart a few feet.)

------------
Since the battery connection with the in-line fuse managed to get loose, it would be a good time to disconnect all the high current cables, wire brush all the contact surfaces to bright metal and reconnect using a battery terminal protectorate of some type.

-----------
Sounds like you have a DCX400 controller, since the XCT hasn't been out for a "couple of years".

The six red flashes when you pushed the pedal means battery undervoltage shutdown. When in turn means, the voltage between the B- and B+ terminals on the DCX controller dropped below the voltage the user programmable Under Voltage slider is set for.

Is the error code still showing up after the batteries have been charged?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2015, 02:37 PM   #12
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well 3 means it thinks the throttle did not return to 0 during that power cycle. 6 is a voltage below what is set on the low voltage slider in the program..

Too slow, jb beat me to it..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:39 PM   #13
georgia088
Gone Wild

Yes. After charge the error still shows up.

Yes it is a dcx400pds controller.
I don't know what the pre charge resistor is.... Is that on the solenoid?

I will go check and see if the solenoid clicks. I know the controller does... Well I assume it's the controller making the clicking noise...
I think I may have another solenoid. Think it's worth a shot to put it on a and try?

georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #14
georgia088
Gone Wild

When I turn the key on: controller blinks 4 times green and clicks (could be solenoid clicking not sure) then goes solid green and clicks again. (It has always done this) press the gas and I hear a click (it try's to go) click (it quits) and then a more faint click once the error codes are through. However, sometimes when I turn the key on. I hear no clicks.....

Old 12-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

When it powers up, a DCX controller will often, but not all the time, energize the solenoid for a few seconds. However, after clicking upon controller's power-up sequence, the solenoid should then click when the pedal is pushed and stay clicked until the pedal is released.

If you are still getting error codes, they may tell us what the problem is, or at least point us towards the problem. Attached is the list of error codes for a DCX controller.

Another thing that misbehaves when damp is the PDS to DCX adapter. Hit it with a hairdryer also, but don't get it too hot, it contains a couple diodes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX Error Codes.jpg (232.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-30-2015, 03:13 PM   #16
georgia088
Gone Wild

It's either. 3 red blinks or 6. I think 6 bc. It's 3 pause 3.

I don't know where the pds to dcx adapter is...

Old 12-30-2015, 03:45 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia088 View Post
It's either. 3 red blinks or 6. I think 6 bc. It's 3 pause 3.

I don't know where the pds to dcx adapter is...

Well, it is either the pedal not returning to the up position (Pedal switch contacts not opening) or the voltage between B+ and B- terminals on tthe controller dropping below whatever the Under voltage slider is set for.

Check the pedal switch for proper operation.
Check the voltage between B- and B+ on the controller.

The PDS tp DCX adapter, connects the two 4-pin and one 10-pin connectors from the PDS wiring harness to the single 10-pin connector on top of the DCX controller. Picture attached.

Also, the pre-charge resister is the 250Ω resistor connected between the two large terminal on the solenoid.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015_15-s.jpg (8.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

PDS harness adapter pic below.

Just for grins put a meter on the battery pack.

Note and post the at rest voltage. Watch the meter when you try to go - how low does the voltage reading go?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg adapter.JPG (116.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:54 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
PDS harness adapter pic below.
Your picture is a lot better than the one I got off the Alltrax website, I'm stealing it for future use.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:01 PM   #20
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

jb, question, if the solenoid is bad wouldn't the voltage on B+ and B- be pack voltage before the circuit is activated and then once activated drop off quickly going through the pre-charge resistor ? Hence causing a 6 blink low voltage ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO