lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2016, 05:46 PM   #1
sefaber35401
Not Yet Wild

Default BATTERY ISSUES. ..Out of ideas

Ok, so this deer season I have been dealing with faster than normal discharge time. ..

That said, I guess I should begin by asking if cold weather 27-30 degrees will have noticeable affect on run time?

Now on to my investigation. ....48V Ezgo MPT1000...4in lift. ...no added accessories that would put extra strain on battery pack.

So, I checked all voltages (each battery) after being fully charged. ...all range in the 6.3-6.4V. Entire pack 53.5V
Checked specific gravity. ...all are in the 1.25 "Good" range.

Checked pack while on charge, to ensure sufficient V...56-57V.

Anyone got any theories or what to do next?

Thanks in advance!
sefaber35401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2016, 06:43 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: BATTERY ISSUES. ..Out of ideas

get new batteries.... older batteries will discharge faster than new ... look at date code
Old 01-17-2016, 06:47 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: BATTERY ISSUES. ..Out of ideas

The chart shows that the batteries deliver 100% capacity at 80°F. At 40° they have lost about 20% of their capacity. On my cart this phenomenon results in the battery meter dropping noticeably faster than in the summer time. If temps are above 80° the batteries actually deliver more than their rated capacity so the drop in performance (range) can look even worse in the winter.
The chart is provided by Trojan but it would be the same for similar batteries from other brands.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan Temp vs Storage Capacity.jpg (81.1 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charging
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO