lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2016, 11:02 AM   #11
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Highly recommend you pull the trigger on the ScottyB 48v conversion. You will not regret it, I wish I had done mine sooner. Get a bigger controller than you think you'll need and you won't have to worry about upgrading down the road. ScobbyB also sells some top-notch cables that he makes himself - so you can get custom length if you want to add two more batteries in the bagwell like I did.

I'm still using the same old 36v motor that came on the cart, it's lifted with large tires and I take it everywhere off road that I can. Holding up great so far - I got some great advice early on that I will pass along: Don't ever stall the motor (where it can't turn) and it will last you a long time.

...Tools ...Toys (same thing) :)
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #12
Lazy cruiser
Getting Wild

Default Re: Resistor conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJerm76 View Post
Highly recommend you pull the trigger on the ScottyB 48v conversion. You will not regret it, I wish I had done mine sooner. Get a bigger controller than you think you'll need and you won't have to worry about upgrading down the road. ScobbyB also sells some top-notch cables that he makes himself - so you can get custom length if you want to add two more batteries in the bagwell like I did.

I'm still using the same old 36v motor that came on the cart, it's lifted with large tires and I take it everywhere off road that I can. Holding up great so far - I got some great advice early on that I will pass along: Don't ever stall the motor (where it can't turn) and it will last you a long time.

...Tools ...Toys (same thing) :)
How about keeping my 36v battery setup? Can I still do that or do I have to convert to 48V?
Lazy cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cruiser View Post
How about keeping my 36v battery setup? Can I still do that or do I have to convert to 48V?
The kits will run on 36 or 48v. Members upgrade their series carts to 48v for 33% more torque and speed...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:16 PM   #14
Lazy cruiser
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The kits will run on 36 or 48v. Members upgrade their series carts to 48v for 33% more torque and speed...
Awesome so if I buy the kit now and keep my new 36v batteries I can use the same kit later when I purchase 48v batteries?
Old 04-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Awesome so if I buy the kit now and keep my new 36v batteries I can use the same kit later when I purchase 48v batteries?
Yes choose any kit ending in the number 4 to get the dual voltage 400 solenoid. This is one of the reasons that Pkg C54 is the most popular kit. Use C74 if you are planning on a BIG aftermarket motor
Old 04-13-2016, 04:16 PM   #16
Lazy cruiser
Getting Wild

Quote:
Yes choose any kit ending in the number 4 to get the dual voltage 400 solenoid. This is one of the reasons that Pkg C54 is the most popular kit. Use C74 if you are planning on a BIG aftermarket motor
Thanks Scotty. I will be ordering a kit soon. I will not have the money right away to upgrade the batteries and motor so we will start with the conversion kit. Then I will move on to the Purple motor and bigger batteries. What will you need from me to order new cables?

I will also replace the battery trays at the same time.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:31 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can select 4g or 2g cable sets at a discount price when you order the kit.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:34 PM   #18
Lazy cruiser
Getting Wild

Quote:
You can select 4g or 2g cable sets at a discount price when you order the kit.
2g are bigger and better correct?
Old 04-13-2016, 08:23 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
2g are bigger and better correct?
That is correct. 2g is bigger than 4g. JohnnieB says the importance of over sizing cables can not be overstated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO