lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
lauryka1969
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 EZ Go keeps beeping and won't go

Cart died while driving it.. Now all it does is beep when switched out of tow/maintenance... Solenoid has been replaced.. Micro pedal switch tests good, fuse on battery Tests good, power getting to solenoid and controller... Key switch replaced.. I'm not familiar with all terminology used here but I have read through this forum for days and my neighbor has done all tests that have been suggested... The beeping is intermittent as if it's in reverse no matter where the direction switch is placed... We are stumped...
lauryka1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 EZ Go keeps beeping and won't go

What is the pack voltage when you are trying to go and the cart is beeping?

Which drive system do you have?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo-guide-#2.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
lauryka1969
Not Yet Wild

We think we found the problem... On inspection of the Curtis Pcm Resistor board that's on the solenoid we found on of the components
Burnt up and two solder points broke off... I ordered a replacement and should receive it Tuesday. I will update the results.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

That may be the effect rather than the cause.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:29 AM   #5
lauryka1969
Not Yet Wild

Replaced resistor still no go and still beeping.. Solenoid is clicking.. Beeping stops when key turned to on and f/r moved back and forth but beeping starts again when key is turned off.. We are stumped... Reads 6 volts from Neg battery to solenoid post closest to battery. And 29 from Neg battery post to small post on front of solenoid closest to battery, 29 on the next small post and 6 volts on the large post furthest from battery. From battery to A1 .4, from battery to B wire on controller 29 and from battery to C wire 6 volts... And from solenoid posts to controller... One closest to battery to A1 is 6, B is 36 and c is .7 from the small post on the front of the solenoid to A1 is 29, B is .1 and c is 35 from the small post on front of solenoid furthest from battery to A1 is 6.3 , B is .1 and C is 35.3 From the large post on solenoid furthest from battery to A1 is 6.3 B is 36 , C is .1 and this is with the key is the on position and cart in neutral with tow/maintain. Switched on. If any of this makes any sense because I am lost, hope someone can make sense out of it and help...
Old 04-27-2016, 09:10 PM   #6
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Look at the wires on your electric motor, make sure they are all connected and all the nuts are tight.
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:31 PM   #7
lauryka1969
Not Yet Wild

Wires on motor are all tight. Could the problem be in the F/R Switch?
Old 04-28-2016, 06:56 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm not sure if you are describing the location of the test points on the components as installed in the cart you are working on, or on a schematic of a DCS cart.

The larger terminals on the solenoid are typically called battery side and controller side.
The battery side has a high current cable from the battery pack's main positive terminal connected to it, the other side is the controller side

With your DVM's black test lead attached the the battery pack's main negative terminal, measure the voltages on the solenoid's battery side and controller side large terminals?

Battery side should be sane as battery pack voltage.
Controller side should be 3V to 5V less than pack voltage.

-----------
From the best I can decipher from post#5, you have 36V on the battery side and 6V on the controller side. If so, the most likely suspect is a bad controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:52 AM   #9
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

if you pm me your email address i will email you the flow chart for your cart so you can trouble shoot it.
its an ezgo dcs correct??
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:09 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

7 point DCS testing 1s below & it's posted in the stickies too
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DCS testing procedures.pdf (81.2 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO