lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2016, 10:54 AM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I have a bad boy buggy with a luggage/material rack on to of the roof

what do I need this for? I am not going to put crap on top of the roof- lucky if I can get me in cart-

any suggestions

leave it on there or take it off?
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2016, 11:26 AM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: I have a bad boy buggy with a luggage/material rack on to of the roof

I don't understand the question?

Are you asking how to put a bad boy luggage rack on an ezgo? Are you simply making a statement?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #3
7fa
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: I have a bad boy buggy with a luggage/material rack on to of the roof

I have one and I took it off. Too high up to be much use and just gets in the way going through the woods...
7fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:23 PM   #4
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Oh I see your saying "why would anyone need it? I guess if you like to camp with your bad boy and only drive in and not too far you can put a tent or sleep bags up there?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:25 PM   #5
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I have an Bad boy buggy and it has the luggage/material rack on top of the roof- When this cart was used to do outdoor television, there was always something up on top, camera, blinds, decoys- I am not doing outdoor tv so I cannot imagine putting anything up there. so I am voting to take the luggage rack off the roof-

any down sides?
Old 06-20-2016, 07:27 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by csport View Post
I have an Bad boy buggy and it has the luggage/material rack on top of the roof- When this cart was used to do outdoor television, there was always something up on top, camera, blinds, decoys- I am not doing outdoor tv so I cannot imagine putting anything up there. so I am voting to take the luggage rack off the roof-

any down sides?

Only thing I have ever seen the roof racks do is stress fracture the roof supports whether they are loaded or not.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:12 AM   #7
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

excellent ScottyB, that is what I was looking for

I am not going to put stuff up there

and it can damage the top
cool, kool, kewl, kuhl any any other cool
Old 06-21-2016, 06:44 PM   #8
fishsticker
Gone Wild

If you hunt or work off your BBB like I do you never have enough room to put things. The roof rack is the most used space on mine second only to the drivers seat. I also stand on the back deck when the seat is folded down and use the roof rack as a mobile shooting platform for long range shooting. I have hauled out more than one dead hog on the roof because we simple had no where else to put it and did not want to make another trip. My son has ridden on top sitting in a turkey lounger with a rifle and a pair of shooting sticks for 6 hours straight shooting pigs....it's his favorite spot on the cart. My cage and roof supports are stout and there are no signs of fatigue. I added a 1/2" sheet of plywood to make it even more usable.

If I were just using the cart for transportation of myself and a set of golf clubs it would be less necessary but I would still hate to be without it.....I will resist the temptation to haul my wife's luggage up there because that would certainly far exceed the weight limit.
fishsticker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO