lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Default Re: how to tell what EZGO model it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggntaz View Post
Would I be better off with a 1999 48 volt Club car?
Nope... To get real speed out of any late model sparky is gonna require spending a minimum of $800 to $1000.. Just the nature of the beast..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #12
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Quote:
also would $2400 be a good price for this cart?

-and-

This is all the info that I have for it.
2005 E-Z Go Golf Cart with less than 20 hours on it. Has tail lights, head lights, fold down rear seats, craiger ss chrome rims, brand new tires, brand new charger to go with it.
Yes....... This is a good price for this cart. (I'll bet the wheels are Not Crager S/S wheels though.)
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #13
tiggntaz
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
You need to know the year of the cart as well as which drive system it has. There might be a metal plate in the passenger storage box. Give us those numbers and tell us where the Forward/Reverse switch is. Also, open the battery bay and look for a toggle switch on a black plastic cover under the passenger side of the seat.

Next are the batteries: What brand and how old?

I got this info from the lady selling it.

It is a 2005 cart.

The reverse is under the front seat. It is a 36V , It has five “Trojan” and one “work horse” battery. The batteries do not have a year on them but they have not been in very long. I think about 6 months or so. The metal plate in the storage box says

H302
tiggntaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:13 PM   #14
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

The numbers off of the metal plate indicates it is a 2002 year model.

The year model has a lot to do with how much it is worth.

All TROJAN batteries have a date on them. It's on the round pad at the base of the connection or terminal. You may have to brush it or scrape it lightly to get the code. You are looking for a code on each one something like J7.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #15
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
I got this info from the lady selling it.

It is a 2005 cart.

The reverse is under the front seat. It is a 36V , It has five “Trojan” and one “work horse” battery. The batteries do not have a year on them but they have not been in very long. I think about 6 months or so. The metal plate in the storage box says

H302
According to the Mfg. code you posted this cart was built February 3, 2002.. The shifter under the seat means it's a series or "fleet" cart.. The batteries will have a date code stamped in the top of the posts, it will be a letter followed by a number, this will tell you the approximate age of the batteries..

The series carts can be hopped up in stages to spread out the cost, but still plan on dropping close to a grand in it to get over 20 MPH...

Rusty beat me to it!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #16
tiggntaz
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC-John View Post
According to the Mfg. code you posted this cart was built February 3, 2002.. The shifter under the seat means it's a series or "fleet" cart.. The batteries will have a date code stamped in the top of the posts, it will be a letter followed by a number, this will tell you the approximate age of the batteries..

The series carts can be hopped up in stages to spread out the cost, but still plan on dropping close to a grand in it to get over 20 MPH...

Rusty beat me to it!!!
With it beening an 02 and not an 05 what would be a good price for the cart? I can live with the slower speed but still would like to lift the cart.
tiggntaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #17
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
With it beening an 02 and not an 05 what would be a good price for the cart? I can live with the slower speed but still would like to lift the cart.
The age of the batteries is gonna determine what the fair market price is for that cart.. If the batteries are marginal, you're looking at $5-$700 for a new set of batteries..

I'd probably offer 2K and see if they bite.. The worst they can say is "no sale"..
Old 02-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #18
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Ditto.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:19 PM   #19
bottompriceseller
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty View Post
Ditto.

rgr
bottompriceseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #20
bottompriceseller
Not Yet Wild

I am new to the forum and new to the Golf Cart world. Last week I purchased a cart from a family in Marshfield Ma that I found on Ebay ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EZ-GO...ltDomainQ5f100

I am trying to figure out the year myself. It has the gear selector on the dash and has a plate in the glove box that reads G100 then another series of of numbers below that 1284246. Can anyone give me more info? I am trying to get a ball joint for the right side but do not know the best place to order.... Thanks!
bottompriceseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO