lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2018, 06:52 AM   #1
Slew cruiser
Not Yet Wild

Default Deep cycle battery

Got a question about to guys running marine deep cycle 12v in there cart was wondering what kind of run time they are getting. I know that cart batteries are better I read it a lot on the site but I don’t go very far on my but I don’t want to have to charge after an hours use.I can get 3 12v batteries for next to nothing that’s why I’m asking.Thanks
Slew cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2018, 07:31 AM   #2
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Deep cycle battery

It really depends on how and where you use your cart in that "hour of use". Sure, 3/12volt marine batteries will power a 36 volt cart. If you're alone and easily running at walking speed on a flat hard surface the cart would draw less amps then if you're loaded with people, pushing WOT up hills or off-road. Its reserve capacity in the battery pack that will determine run time. For next to nothing cost I would test them and give us a report. Good Luck!
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:02 AM   #3
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It looks like you have a Series cart so use the "Minutes @ 75 amps" spec of the battery in question to decide if it works for you.

A typical Trojan 12v "golf cart battery" will give you around 70 minutes of runtime while a Trojan "Marine deep cycle battery" will give you about 30 minutes.

Those numbers reflect a totally discharged battery at the end so real life results are likely less.

Also, given the same range/runtime, a "marine battery" will also discharge to a lower SOC so it will not last as long either.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #4
Slew cruiser
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys I’ll give it a try and see what happens
Slew cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car