lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-01-2018, 11:49 AM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New RXV build

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandyturbo View Post
I want this! Haha.

I sent you a text with the info while I was in cellphone coverage...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2018, 12:50 PM   #12
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
, and with 23" tires and a 350 Amp upgrade controller, top end capability is 35-37+ MPH, depending upon terrain.
You guys are going to get me to buy a 2013+ RVX and 23’s with the Boyce racing treatment! Looking forward to your build.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:18 PM   #13
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
You're better off with a 20" to 20.5" tire than a 23" tire if you have any hills, no lift required.
BobBoyce ... Based on your recommendations on my first thread I returned that very unstable 6" jacked A-arm lifted orange cart back to the builder and started over with a new build with another builder. At 31 mph that cart was dangerous and all over the place. Actually anything over 20 mph felt unstable.

We PM'd earlier this week and I'll be sending you the controller for programming. The cart should be here by the end of this week.

Again, based on your recommendations I'm not lifting it at all and using DOT street tires. I'm actually getting stuck with a 3" lift because I cancelled my order but I'll deal with that later. I'd rather be safe with no lift.

I've ordered these tires from Golf Cart Tire Supply at a cost of $528.95 shipped. They should be here today.

14" TEMPEST Machined Aluminum Wheels and 205/30-14 Low Profile DOT Tires Combo:

casey344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:45 PM   #14
casey344
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

After weeks of research, much to the demise of my full-time job responsibilties, I've come up with and ordered the following for this RXV build.

Base Cart: 2014 EZ-GO RXV

- New Trojan Batteries with upgrade 2 gauge cables
- Stock charger, motor and controller
- Tinted Windshield
- Rear flip down seat
- Rear Seat Safety Bar
- Safety bar utility hooks
- Madjax Fender Flares
- Candy Blue House of Kolors paint
- Rear Cup Holders
- Extended top with mounting struts (black)
- LED headlight/taillight kit with turn signals and horn
- Madjax Side Mirrors with LED Turn Signals
- Rear only seatbelts
- 14" TEMPEST Machined Aluminum Wheels and 205/30-14 Low Profile DOT Tires Combo
- VIP Dash Kit for Gauge-style Radios Greywood
- Clarion GR10BT Marine USB/MP3/WMA Gauge-Hole Digital Receiver with Built-In Bluetooth blue display
- JL Audio MX650-CCX-SG-TLD-B black w/titanium sport grilles and Blue LED rings
- Bazooka BT8018 BT Series 8" Bass Tube subwoofer
- RHOX EZGO RXV 2008-Up Black Brush Guard
- Driver Side 12 Quart Black Cooler And Bracket
- Veego DC reducer Combo Kit with fused distribution box
- ScottyB Meter/Trim Blue Display
- Blue Custom Wheel with adapter - flat bottom
- 60mm Blue GPS Speedometer dash mount blue display
- Dual USB outlet for phone charging
- Seats will be upholstered to a tan color similar to the color you'd see in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. High back with headreast and a pocket sewn into the front to hold a cell phone.

In addition, BobBoyce has offered to program the controller.

All in and including paying the builder $750-1000 labor I've come in at a total of $7,691.00 so far.

What have I missed?

Casey
casey344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:28 PM   #15
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default New RXV build

Quote:
You're better off with a 20" to 20.5" tire than a 23" tire if you have any hills, no lift required. Unless you can get your controller tweaked, you'll have a lower top end with the larger tire and it'll eventually damage the stock controller from repeated overheats.

After the right Curtis RXV controller tweaks...

With stock 18" tires aired up properly, top end capability is about 27-28 MPH. With 20-20.5" tires, top end capability is 32-33 MPH, and with 23" tires and a 350 Amp upgrade controller, top end capability is 35-37+ MPH, depending upon terrain.

Bob, could you please PM me, or email me the proper tweaks. I saw there are two parameters on the OEM Handheld I was looking at. One looks as though it’s the limit on Motor RPMs, and the other looks like a gear ratio measurement. If I understand what I was looking at correctly, my cart is capped at 1800 RPM on the motor and the gear ratio measurement looks like 331?

Of course I could be totally off base.

I have 20.5 in DOT tires on the cart. Not going any bigger, and not lifting it....

Thanks
jkr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:09 PM   #16
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkredman View Post
Bob, could you please PM me, or email me the proper tweaks. I saw there are two parameters on the OEM Handheld I was looking at. One looks as though it’s the limit on Motor RPMs, and the other looks like a gear ratio measurement. If I understand what I was looking at correctly, my cart is capped at 1800 RPM on the motor and the gear ratio measurement looks like 331?

Of course I could be totally off base.

I have 20.5 in DOT tires on the cart. Not going any bigger, and not lifting it....

Thanks
jkr
The parameters you can access via the OEM handset for setting currents are locked at a higher level. You can turn them up to maximum there, but it will not override the limits at the highest access level. What I essentially do is turn everything wide open at the higest level, which allows it to be dialed back down to the desired performace at a lower (OEM) level.

The gear ratio calibration you mentioned can be adjusted, but be very careful. If you go overboard with the calibration, the OS/VCL calculations that map motor current over its RPM range gets skewed, and the cart behaves exactly like you've gone overboard on tire size. Accel, decel, coast down regen, regen braking, are all affected. This is where experience helps to guide you. Also, remember your motor RPM limits. The upper limits are set at the master level, and you can turn them down at the lower (OEM) level.

A bit about current limits...

The Curtis upgrade 350 Amp controller is hard limited at 350 Amps per phase...

Yet the hard limit of the stock 235 Amp controller is 800 Amps per phase! Think about that one for a bit...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #17
jkredman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bob:

I PMed you.
jkredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:00 AM   #18
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey344 View Post
Thanks for posting the pictures. Which tire and wheel combo are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a 14" Chrome rim with 23" all terrain tires.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:07 PM   #19
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
Here's a pic of the King Ranch with a 3" lift.
1. Is that an ITX flip seat?
2. What hitch is that on there?
3. What 3" lift do you have and what size tires are those?
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:14 PM   #20
Steve390Gold
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
...The Curtis upgrade 350 Amp controller is hard limited at 350 Amps per phase...

Yet the hard limit of the stock 235 Amp controller is 800 Amps per phase! Think about that one for a bit...
*noodle fried*

Wait what? Can the 235 unit handle more current in reality than the 350 but at the expense of heat/life? Or is that in theory only?
Steve390Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO