lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2018, 09:30 AM   #1
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

Default 2001 series cart died

my 2001 series cart died it seems to me that there was a post here that I can't locate about trouble shooting each step. I have a good understanding of most things and I have checked the basics. I just want to get more in depth and report back. I have a feeling my controller died as I have a newer HD FWD/REV lever and my battery pack is reading 52 volts. The motor was jumpy but then quit all together If we have a basic list to follow I would like to follow it.
Thanks
2001 DS series with MCOR
stock controller
HD FWD/REV
plumb quick bandit motor
52.4 volts on pack
cjpenny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 series cart died

Disconnect cables from Motor and be sure to mark them before you do.
1. Check for Continuity from A1 to A2 and S1 to S2, they should have it.
2. Jack up the rear or your cart. Connect A1 to S2. Then run Neg of 12v charger to S1 and Positive to A2. Turn on charger. If wheels spin, your motor is ok.

Could possibly be your MCOR also, other's around here know much more than I do about that.
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:59 PM   #3
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Another areas to check is with your cart jacked up on one side or in the rear, key On, FNR in Forward, and Go Pedal depressed, you 2 small posts on your solenoid should read 48vdc or pack voltage. If not, you need to see if you are loosing the Pos or the Neg input as they are both required to close in the solenoid thru the energizing coil.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 08:10 PM   #4
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

I will check what ypu suggest. I forgot to mention I changed the MCOR with a good known spare with same result.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:02 AM   #5
cjpenny89
Gone Wild

I finally got to digging into my cart and I pulled the back seat off pulled the rear access cover and found the yellow wire on the solenoid had popped off.
I plugged it back on and the cart works good. Since it popped off I took and squeezed down the connector so it didn't pop back off since I know my kids are not easy on it.
Thanks for the help.
Chad
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car