lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2018, 03:24 PM   #1
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2015 Club Car Precedent Wiring

Pictures show the wiring behind my instrument panel. The orange plug I can't figure out. There used to be a GPS in the cart before I bought it. There was a cable that ran from the GPS location that was plugged into the orange plug. The wiring seems to go under the floor with the cart wiring, but I can't tell where it goes after that. I'm assuming it was the power source t-for the GPS but I'd assume it went back to a voltage reducer somewhere which I can't find. No extra cables on any of the battery posts. I tried to test with my multi meter to see if voltage at the orange plug but the holes are to small and my probe won't go in to the holes. The wiring seems to be wrapped around the cart wiring and goes back under the flor to the battery compartment. Short of removing all the batteries and tracing these wires back is there some way of determining what that orange plug is. If it does go back to a voltage reducer any idea where it may be installed?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 1.jpg (66.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 2.jpg (312.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 3.jpg (288.3 KB, 0 views)
JimBouchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2018, 10:02 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 Club Car Precedent Wiring

Bumping this back up for some of you Precedent guys to help the bother out... (My DS's don't have any such stuff... )
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #3
Cynikal.Mindset
Not Yet Wild

there doesn't appear to be a voltage reducer on that cart...you said the GPS was plugged in to the orange plug? well, there is your answer...that plug is part of the cart's main wiring harness from factory.
Cynikal.Mindset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

If it was from the main wiring harness, wouldn't there need to be voltage somewhere in that plug, even if it's 48v, there were no other wires running to the spot where the GPS was plugged into, so I'm assuming this cable carried the power. I had cut the cable to remove it from the cart (the one that ran from the orange plug to the GPS. I plugged it back into the orange plug and stripped the ends off the 4 wires on the cut end of the cable. Using my volt meter I could find no power on any of the wires. (I did have the key turned on). Unless this club car wiring harness is different from all other ones I've seen in any videos I've seen. None of the others I've seen have this orange plug. I guess I'll have to do it the hard way and follow it back to it's source. Thanks for your responses.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #5
Cynikal.Mindset
Not Yet Wild

I swear mine is plugged in to my bucket harness for my light kit in conjunction with the plug and play voltage reducer...I'd have to take a look for sure when I'm back at the campground though.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:48 AM   #6
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What voltage reducer are you using?
Old 08-14-2018, 01:19 PM   #7
Cynikal.Mindset
Not Yet Wild

Its an aftermarket plug and play unit...so similar to a factory club car one...it plugs in between the main harness and the bucket harness (for your light kit).
Old 08-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #8
7underpar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Jim, check directly under your hood. My voltage reducer is mounted on a part of the frame above the front tires and below the dash...
7underpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:13 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It's a plug for Club Car's Visage system. Only available on Excel and Eric/Excel cars.

https://www.clubcar.com/us/en/golf-o...anagement.html
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:17 AM   #10
JimBouchie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So, it seems like I have the excel with ERIC charging. In the picture that your link sent me to, the area where the VISAGE is mounted to looks just like what was in my cart before I took it out. My serial number is a JE... Did this maybe come stock from club car with this VISAGE installed? If so where do I look for the voltage reducer? Since I don't see any extra connections to the batteries, what would the voltage reducer be hooked up to?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car