lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2008 ezgo txt 36v electric Sepex PDS runs then stops

Stupid question from a new owner #2

I have a 2008 ezgo txt 36v Sepex with PDS. When I got the cart you could drive on flat or downhill terrain and the cart would slow down its self and stop and beep 15 times continuously.

I figured it was stopping the cart from going to fast. I ordered a freedom plug performance #4 and it still does this. I've put the cart in diagnostic mode and it only beeps 4 times to tell me the mode it's in, but doesn't beep any Fault/error codes like I was reading in the manual.

Can anyone give me some insight into this problem?

Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180809_174227.jpg (314.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20180813_164722.jpg (269.6 KB, 0 views)
Waterfowlwidowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2008 ezgo txt 36v electric Sepex PDS runs then stops

An intermittent connection in the keyswitch or F/R switch circuits can cause the problem you describe.

If the key is turned off or the F/R switch is shifted to Neutral or to the opposite direction of travel, max regen braking will be applied and the beeper will beep rapidly. I'm not sure if the beep sequence is limited to 15, or if it stops when the cart has slowed to <2MPH, or maybe when it stops.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #3
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
An intermittent connection in the keyswitch or F/R switch circuits can cause the problem you describe.

If the key is turned off or the F/R switch is shifted to Neutral or to the opposite direction of travel, max regen braking will be applied and the beeper will beep rapidly. I'm not sure if the beep sequence is limited to 15, or if it stops when the cart has slowed to <2MPH, or maybe when it stops.
Hmmm. The key stays in the on position and the F/R stays in Forward. You will be driving along then all the sudden it will bring it to a halt and beep.

Should I try pulling the F/R switch first to check connections? Or just replace the rocker switch now. Then if it still does it then go to the ignition switch?
Old 08-13-2018, 08:52 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Check the connections first. I've had a factory crimp-on connector fail on my 2008 PDS and the wires in your 2008 PDS have probably wiggled around just as much as mine have.

It was the in-line connection in the red wire from the charge receptacle and it failed when I was about ten miles from home. Fortunately I had a DVM with me and I have the PDS schematic memorized. Unfortunately, I didn't have much in the line of tools, but the wire pulled out of the crimp-on connectors easy and a nail clipper took care of stripping off enough insulation to twist the bare copper ends together.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:08 PM   #5
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you. I'll give it a try and see if that fixes it.
Old 08-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #6
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Check the connections first. I've had a factory crimp-on connector fail on my 2008 PDS and the wires in your 2008 PDS have probably wiggled around just as much as mine have.

It was the in-line connection in the red wire from the charge receptacle and it failed when I was about ten miles from home. Fortunately I had a DVM with me and I have the PDS schematic memorized. Unfortunately, I didn't have much in the line of tools, but the wire pulled out of the crimp-on connectors easy and a nail clipper took care of stripping off enough insulation to twist the bare copper ends together.
I pulled the panel last night and none of the wires where loose. I tried wiggling them and pushing them on to the contact more. Worked great for about 1/2 mile and about 100 yards from my house it did it again. Last night I ordered up the relocation of the F/R switch from carts unlimited. I hated that location and now I get a new switch. If that doesn't do it. Then I'll change out the ignition switch. I read Scottb (owner of CU) write up on the re-lo and it doesn't look bad to do and worth the $
Old 08-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #7
Fegarex
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I didn't realize he made that kit but I relocated mine and it makes it much easier to use. I would have liked a "plug and play" kit.
Fegarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:11 PM   #8
Waterfowlwidowmaker
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegarex View Post
I didn't realize he made that kit but I relocated mine and it makes it much easier to use. I would have liked a "plug and play" kit.
I figured for $80 it was worth it. And it write up is very clear.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO