lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2018, 05:53 PM   #41
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax data file for review

The attached picture is a highly edited 2.6 second chunk of the spreadsheet I made from the latest .csv file posted, with the hesitation highlighted in yellow.

The battery voltage varies by 1.6V while the battery amps varies by about 160A (158.9A to be exact), so the voltage drop is about 1V/100A. However, that includes all the high current cables connecting the cells together and the battery pack to the controller, so the true voltage drop of the Lithium cells is less than 1V/100A.

I don't know how fast the Lithium chemistry reacts to changes in amp flow, but the changes seen on the chart is 1/6 second intervals, so I suspect quite a bit of the voltage variations are due to cable resistance. Of course, I might be wrong, I know very little about Lithium batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Error log.jpg (310.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2018, 06:46 PM   #42
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The attached picture is a highly edited 2.6 second chunk of the spreadsheet I made from the latest .csv file posted, with the hesitation highlighted in yellow.

The battery voltage varies by 1.6V while the battery amps varies by about 160A (158.9A to be exact), so the voltage drop is about 1V/100A. However, that includes all the high current cables connecting the cells together and the battery pack to the controller, so the true voltage drop of the Lithium cells is less than 1V/100A.

I don't know how fast the Lithium chemistry reacts to changes in amp flow, but the changes seen on the chart is 1/6 second intervals, so I suspect quite a bit of the voltage variations are due to cable resistance. Of course, I might be wrong, I know very little about Lithium batteries.

Thanks for putting that together.

I tried looking up definitions for the column titles in the manual, but didn’t find anything there for a lot of them. Can you explain the relationship between throttle %, position and pointer?

I still just don’t think I physically decreased pedal input 25%, then got it back to full inside of a second, while feeling that I had it to the floor the whole time.

I’m sure hoping the new its and wires fix it. If not, I guess the only thing left will be to send the controller back to alltrax to test.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:18 PM   #43
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Thanks for putting that together.

I tried looking up definitions for the column titles in the manual, but didn’t find anything there for a lot of them. Can you explain the relationship between throttle %, position and pointer?

I still just don’t think I physically decreased pedal input 25%, then got it back to full inside of a second, while feeling that I had it to the floor the whole time.

I’m sure hoping the new its and wires fix it. If not, I guess the only thing left will be to send the controller back to alltrax to test.
I don't have any factual info from Alltrax, so this is mostly supposition based on some info from Alltrax about the data logs produced by a DCX controller.

The throttle position column is pedal position after the throttle input from the ITS sensor has been filtered through Throttle Linearization, Speed and Torque curves. And maybe it goes through the Throttle rate ramp before it gets there also.

The Throttle % is the throttle position value divided by 4095. (I have no idea why they picked 4095)

The throttle pointer is the duty cycle of the of the PWM output of the controller. I suspect if the value in the pointer column was divided by 4095, you'd get the % duty cycle of the MOSFETs.

The Throttle Rate ramping process might be between the throttle position and throttle pointer since the pointer values lag the position values, but the timing seems mighty short for that to be true, so I'm not sure.

----
I've never asked, but it sure would be nice if Alltrax put out Cliff Notes of data log decoding.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:06 PM   #44
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Success! At least I think so, anyway. I got the new ITS and got it installed this morning. I’ve taken three test runs now, and haven’t had any episodes. It was doing it every time I took it out before, so I’m pretty confident that im good.

Thanks to everyone that took their time to reply and offer advice. I really appreciate it. Those data logs have a ton of information in them, and it’s pretty tough if you’re like me and don’t know what most of it means. Johnnieb, especially, dug through there and interpreted the info for me.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:01 AM   #45
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Success! At least I think so, anyway. I got the new ITS and got it installed this morning. I’ve taken three test runs now, and haven’t had any episodes. It was doing it every time I took it out before, so I’m pretty confident that im good.

Thanks to everyone that took their time to reply and offer advice. I really appreciate it. Those data logs have a ton of information in them, and it’s pretty tough if you’re like me and don’t know what most of it means. Johnnieb, especially, dug through there and interpreted the info for me.
That's great news.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO