lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
dontbscared
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO charging question

Have a old 3 wheel 36V EZGO, don’t know the year as the I.D. tag is impossible to read, it is located on the passenger side. The issue is I removed the batteries to do some battery tray maintenance. The sat up for about 90 days. They were fine and partially charged before removal.

Put everything back together and plugged in the charger. Amp meter read 22 and after 4 hours it had not moved. The positive and negative wires from the plug to the batteries got very warm, hot really but not burn hot.

I know it takes many hours to fully charge the batteries but my concern is the hot wires. any ideas and thanks in advance!
dontbscared is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO charging question

Partially charged batteries sat for 3 months. They are deeply discharged. The amperage draw could be pretty high from the charger and old cables and connections could be causing amperage flow resistance. Not a worry so long as you can hold the warm parts in your hand.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:02 AM   #3
dontbscared
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO charging question

Thanks Scotty, yea 3 months and in Texas summer heat so the heat surely did not help. I’ll give it a go and see what happens after a long charge. Will keep checking the two wires from the charger plug to the two batteries, they get hot quick but not to the point I can’t touch them. Keeping the fire extinguisher close by just in case.
dontbscared is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO