lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2020, 09:18 AM   #1
keepinitreal538
Not Yet Wild

Default 72V lithium AC motor in a Club Car DS need help

Hello everyone, I recently bought a 48V club car DS. The previous owner bought a AC kit from HPEVS. The kit included there AC-9-07.51 motor, the curtis 1238E-7621 (72-96V 650A) controller wiring harness, dash display and an controller mounting plate. he also had a delta-Q 72V charger (model 912-7200) and the curtis hand held programmer. he offered all of this to me for an additional $500.... needless to say I jumped on it.
Now however I'm struggling to figure a way to make it work. The main problem being how to supply the 72V's. my first thought was 6 12V batteries but the battery trey wont fit a 12V, and I don't think 6 12V's will fit under the front seat even if i tried to fab a new tray. so then I thought the 6 8V under the front seat and 3 in the back, but it looks like i can only fit 2 back there. Plus I don't like the idea of them back there. So that's where I arrived at lithium. I see Rowpow makes a 72V lithium pack but they wont answer any questions because im not a dealer, and the couple dealers I call don't deal with the 72V pack. Only the 36V, and 48V. I want to know if there 72V pack fits a Club car DS. there you tube videos say they have brackets to fit there packs to all carts but what im doing is kinda unique. The only thing I've seen that i know can work is Allied Battery. They make a 12V the size of a 8V so I could fit them in with no modifications but for there smallest amp hour battery 60AH it would be $3400. The 100AH would be $5500, does anyone know a place that can make a better battery that will fit my cart? I also haven't heard great things about Allied batteries, so I would be hesitant to purchase anyways...
keepinitreal538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2020, 12:26 PM   #2
oldbeefcake
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 72V lithium AC motor in a Club Car DS need help

Do a search. Someone on here has a 72V battery in a club car precedent. You may want to reach out to him for some info.
oldbeefcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:15 PM   #3
keepinitreal538
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, i read his post already. i liked his build a lot. unfortunately it wont work for me. My cart is a DS so it has 3 separate battery trays, so i cant put one big battery in it like that. After checking the size of the containers/boxes at Techdirect im thinking about a 12 cell bank build split into 2 boxes that are ran in series. the question is if i do that i can only charge to 4.0V each 96 total. my controller is 72-96 volts. This will give me the max without running banks in parallel. (i would if i could I just dont have room.) is it ok to only charge to 4,0V or should i build with 11 banks? also will they put out enough amps...its a 650 amp controller
keepinitreal538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 05:16 PM   #4
russb442
Gone Wild
Club Car

batteryhookup dot com has repurpose lithium cells. I got two brand new 36v 6kwh (180amp) hours to make a 72v pack. I got lucky these cell are brand new. they are LG chem and the mounting bracket did not fit a certain GM veh so they got culled. I payed 1300 with shipping ,for both. so I have a 72v 12khw pack that weighs 90lbs. Daly Bms with a cut-off contactor. your charger can be reprogramed to do lithium. my point is shop around. stay away from eBay, they all junk!! some really great deals out there for lithium you just need to look.

ps I couldn't even come close with lead acid/ weight /amp hours/ and $$$$.

if you want to sell the AC system I may be interested.
russb442 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
72v, club car ds, hpevs ac motor, lithium, rowpow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car