lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
dr.jim.b
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question 205X65x10 Tires on a CC Precedent?

Say... I am curious. Has anyone had any success in mounting 205x65x10 tires on a Precedent? WITHOUT a lift kit?? My motor is on its way back from being re-designed by EMP and
I would like to put on a new set of nice 10 inch wheels with (only slightly) larger tires. From what I can tell the height of the stock tires is 18 inches - whereas the height of the
205X65X10 tires is (reportedly) 20.25 inches. As the total increase in height is only 2.25 inches (1.125 inches above and 1.125 inches below the center line) I am guessing that I
would be able can mount these WITHOUT REQUIRING A LIFT KIT. I am just wondering if anyone out there has tried this wheel/tire combo on a Precedent?

Also, will a 3:4 offset bring these new tires closer to the frame and body - I think that the standard wheel is a 4:4 center (no offset) is this correct? I sure wouldn't want to order
and buy these tires & wheels and have them rubbing or scraping on the frame or other body parts.

Any help or advice here would certainly be welcome and appreciated.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

dr.jim.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #2
blueovalinvestments
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 205X65x10 Tires on a CC Precedent?

I have 205x50x10 and have about 2 7/8" clearance. I did see a set of 205x50x12's on a precedent but they were exchanging to 10". When they had rear passangers, It would rub. I know this dosnt answer your question, Hopefully it will give you some Real #'s to start with.
blueovalinvestments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
blueovalinvestments
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Sorry, I forgot to mention my over all tire height was 17 1/2".
blueovalinvestments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
dr.jim.b
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the response, Guy... but I'm afraid you're correct in that it doesn't really go toward answering my inquiry... Can anyone help me out here? There must be someone who either has these (205x65x10) size tires on a Precedent - OR... there must be someone who could tell me if a tire this size (20.25inches high) would end-up rubbing anywhere??

Really - Hoping someone can provide some guidance here - Thanks!!

dr.jim.b is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car