lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Battery

Ok newbie here live in Indiana where it gets cold what is the best practice on storage of a Electric Club car iq do i leave plugged in? charge every month ???? thanks for your help

Last edited by shatteredglass; 01-03-2010 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: added
shatteredglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Battery

Winter storage out of the wind is best. Tarps work well. Service the batteries and plug up the charger. The OBC should check the pack every 15 days and cycle if the pack needs it. A properly charged battery will not freeze. If there is no pwer at your storage location remove the batteries and bring them inside.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I agree, and in places where the weather allows a 20-30 minute ride once a month and a recharge does wonders towards keeping a healthy battery pack in the off season
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I agree, and in places where the weather allows a 20-30 minute ride once a month and a recharge does wonders towards keeping a healthy battery pack in the off season
thanks it will be inside a garage just not heated i was just wondering if it better to leave charger pluged in or just hook up every month to recharge
shatteredglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredglass View Post
thanks it will be inside a garage just not heated i was just wondering if it better to leave charger pluged in or just hook up every month to recharge
I think he covered that question:

Quote:
Service the batteries and plug up the charger. The OBC should check the pack every 15 days and cycle if the pack needs it.
Glad I don't have to store mine!
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think that is a matter of personal preference. DO you have a voltmeter to check the pack? I don't like leaving these things plugged in and depending upon them if I don't have to. THe idea is to keep the batteries as close to fully charged with over charging them as possible.... Here is a battery chart for you to print out. Good luck

Never draw the pack below 50%
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I store 25 cars of different brands in the winter and all I do is charge them up and unhook the main battery cables and in 2 months I go back and give them a booster charge for about 1 hr or so.Make sure you put some plastic under your car just in case the batteries leak a little it wont etch the concrete floor.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car