lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What motor/controller do i need to spinout? 48v

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I don't know about that? I do know you have to program an Alltrax to play nice with a PQ motor.
PQ uses a lot of FSIP controllers.
ok thanks scotty - sounds like i jsut need to call PQ about their motors and torque for burning out.
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2012, 12:20 AM   #12
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDude View Post
ok juvenile question but what motor/controller do i need to spinout in the sand or dirt? I want to stick with stock 48volts. I have a 2003 DS IQ. Its pretty fast. Speed Code 4 with 23" tires gets me 22 mph, but like the title says i want to be able to spin out if i punch the throttle. Right now it i guess this is normal it seems like its programed to roll on the power rather than give me all 100% as soon as i punch the throttle.

I want 100% of what it has at 0 rpm. Also i know ill upgrade to at least 4ga calbes, but will a Plum Quick bandit and maybe a 500amp controller get spinning the mud/sand?
I have a D&D Torque & Speed motor, 500A Altrax, 400 Solenoid, 4GWires .

It will easily spin the wheels in any loose material and with setting controller up rate to higher number it will give you full power pretty much immediately. It will climb any hill you dare (short of potentially flippin the cart) and with good mud tires (I use swamp foxes during hunting season) will make it thru most anything possible with 2 wheel drive. With folks on the back it will easily do wheelies - which made me tone down the throttle up rate .

In fact, just last weekend we went cruising the hunt lease and did not change the tires. When we got out on the sand bar next to the river it had a little trouble getting thru because the all terrain tires could not grip the sand well. But it spun the heck out of the tires and for about 40 yards slowly moved the cart thru. Did cause the battery meter to drop a couple bars though

Hope this helps.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #13
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
I have a D&D Torque & Speed motor, 500A Altrax, 400 Solenoid, 4GWires .

It will easily spin the wheels in any loose material and with setting controller up rate to higher number it will give you full power pretty much immediately. It will climb any hill you dare (short of potentially flippin the cart) and with good mud tires (I use swamp foxes during hunting season) will make it thru most anything possible with 2 wheel drive. With folks on the back it will easily do wheelies - which made me tone down the throttle up rate .

In fact, just last weekend we went cruising the hunt lease and did not change the tires. When we got out on the sand bar next to the river it had a little trouble getting thru because the all terrain tires could not grip the sand well. But it spun the heck out of the tires and for about 40 yards slowly moved the cart thru. Did cause the battery meter to drop a couple bars though

Hope this helps.
This helps tremendously! Thank You This is exactly what i was looking for. I dot want to be popping wheelies so Ill make sure to get a programmable controller so i can dial it in properly. Thanks again for posting your set up and undestanging my childlike need for spinnage lol.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #14
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

Quote:
ok juvenile question but what motor/controller do i need to spinout in the sand or dirt? I want to stick with stock 48volts. I have a 2003 DS IQ. Its pretty fast. Speed Code 4 with 23" tires gets me 22 mph, but like the title says i want to be able to spin out if i punch the throttle. Right now it i guess this is normal it seems like its programed to roll on the power rather than give me all 100% as soon as i punch the throttle.

I want 100% of what it has at 0 rpm. Also i know ill upgrade to at least 4ga calbes, but will a Plum Quick bandit and maybe a 500amp controller get spinning the mud/sand?
Interesting: Speed Code 4 x 23" tires = 22mph
That aint bad at all. Nice looking cart, too!
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #15
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-point View Post
Interesting: Speed Code 4 x 23" tires = 22mph
That aint bad at all. Nice looking cart, too!
Thanks! Now I just want the performance to match the looks! :)
Old 07-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

nice cart i like the long top, i have a pq bandit and a 500amp controller and it works great,
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #17
random bolts
Not Yet Wild

i wish i knew what my co worker did on accident. he "cleaned" his cart with wd 40 and all of a sudden any slight pressure on the pedal and the cart would pop a wheelie with two men in the front and spin the tires in reverse on pavement. it was pretty funny while it lasted.
random bolts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schunter View Post
nice cart i like the long top, i have a pq bandit and a 500amp controller and it works great,
Thanks! I'm sure the combobworks great but can u spinout?
Old 09-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #19
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

well i bought a lift and wheel/tires for my truck and neglected my Club Car - so anyone got anymore advice on what to do here?

I am a big guy 6'1" and 300lbs - with me and my wife and 2 kids and all the hills on our property my cart obviously struggles- need more power without loosing 22 mph top speed - need like burnout type torque
Old 09-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #20
lmswest
Gone Wild

Quote:
well i bought a lift and wheel/tires for my truck and neglected my Club Car - so anyone got anymore advice on what to do here?

I am a big guy 6'1" and 300lbs - with me and my wife and 2 kids and all the hills on our property my cart obviously struggles- need more power without loosing 22 mph top speed - need like burnout type torque
Id get the highest amperage controller you can afford then call vic at d&d and ask him which torque heavy motor he suggests. They have more motors than just the ones on they're site..
lmswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car