lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Default Re: Reset without Run/Tow

From the numbers you quote it looks as though all your batteries are weak. A fully charged good condition battery should show 8.49v and the pack 50,94. If the orange light is flashing when the charger has switched off it indicates that the batteries are not fully charged, and if you left the charger on to switch itself off then the batteries are not capable of holding a full charge. 8.2 to 8.25v is showing a +-70% charge. Take SG readings on all the cells, that will give u a better feel for their condition.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #12
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzey View Post
Went ahead and put a new comp on one of the carts and it seems to be having the same issues. (charger won't go off) Charger stays charging at a high rate 16 amp and the lowest after a few hours I saw it go down to was around 12 amps. Went ahead and let it try and charge all night and the charger did shut off but the battery light was flashing on and off. Checked all the batts and they were 8.2 to 8.25 individually and across all of them was only 48.5. Put the cart up against the wall and started it in drive and the batts went down to 44 with a slight load. These are fairly new Crown batts...
Just afraid to put the charger on this cart and another one that is doing about the same thing.

Any ideas on where I go from here... Can one of the bats be bad even thought they all read over 8V individually?

Thanks
. . . yes . . . one bad cell in one battery can cause the issues you are having . . need to check the Specific Gravity of each of the cells in each battery and post your findings here for us to look at . . . if one is drastically lower than the "norm" of the others, it is probably the culprit . . . the flashing battery indicator light on the cart is probably telling you that the charge did not complete . . .

Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
Wazzey
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies. I will work on that and report back. Thanks
Wazzey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #14
Wazzey
Not Yet Wild

My cart guy had several of the cells overfilled, so I went in and tried to level all the cells on the cart that I was having problems with. Cleaned all the terminals and checked the sg ... all the sg #'s were low. Plugged the charger back in for now and will retest the sg again tomorrow. Will post the #'s tomorrow.

I've got 20 golf carts and have several different batt types. All of the cars are charging fine EXCEPT the ones with the crown batteries that I installed around the middle of 2010. I made sure all the crowns levels were good and replugged them all in today. I'll check all the sg of the crowns tomorrow and see how many still have the chargers running or didn't complete the charging cycle.

Thanks
Old 01-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #15
Wazzey
Not Yet Wild

Cart didn't make it through a charge cycle again. Light was on and charger was off... from when I plugged it in it started charging at 15A and only saw it go down to 12A.

All of the SG in every cell was low on this car. Most read in the 1225 area. A few were a little higher at 1250. Checked some of my older Energizer battery carts and they were all in the green.

Not sure where to go from here except to switch the batteries out with another cart and see what happens. Dunno
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car