lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha speed spring?

maybe thats why it looks like a skeeter truck!
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #12
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlockMan View Post
Sho305
Are you sure your cable was not just weak in the first place, I been running a speed spring for over 3 years on the same cable. And I drive the cart to work almost year round.
It will, I've had it on plenty of carts I worked on...but yes it takes a while maybe years. I've seen plenty of old carts that puked a cable not long after modding the governor, I have no doubt about it. If you feel a lot of pressure at high speed it will eventually break much faster than usual. Seen it with a lot of G1 and G9. Stock carts rarely toss that cable. On the other hand its easy to put a spring on, and not that hard to replace the throttle cable. If you want to still have a governor the spring is an ideal way to go, so up to you.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #13
chopndroptx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Main reason why I think the cables are breaking is because they are not adjusted correctly after putting the spring in.

This happened to me, the cable seemed shorter after the install and when you gave it gas it had to much tension (like the cable was stopping before the pedal was fully compressed). If you adjust the cable correctly it will be fine. Less stress on the cable.

But made a big improvement on mine, only 23mph with stock tires though. Not bad from 17mph.
chopndroptx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The ones I saw break simply had the stock nut all the way in on a G9 or a longer screw on a G1.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha