lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #11
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: engine and clutch question

Hey Ron does your butt tickle? I think somebody is blowin smoke up it. I could be stoned but never seen a honda that said made in china.
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #12
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I thought you told me that!

Anyway, just repeating what I heard, for 400 bucks no research was required. I'll run the crap out of it while I'm saving my nickels for a vanguard.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Look who the cat dragged in

TheNewGuy so how is that thing compared to stock, long as I have you here. I'm rebuilding mine shortly and still wondering about swapping g9 to that instead if it has more go. Have one engine out the other most of the way, getting a clutch puller made right now. I'll have to make it quiet though, and prefer to run it on the pedal like stock, but I can make a mount for it no problem. It looked like it needed to be lifted on the trans side in a lifted cart.

What is the deal it will not idle as slow as stock? Mine idles (foot on pedal) just fine when the clutch is lubed, I guess it might roll on pavement but not dirt/grass. I figured a way to mod the stock clutch but never did it, might have to.

BTW check the "clone engine" thread here someplace it has a bunch of info in it...for anyone wondering.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #14
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Look who the cat dragged in

TheNewGuy so how is that thing compared to stock, long as I have you here. I'm rebuilding mine shortly and still wondering about swapping g9 to that instead if it has more go. Have one engine out the other most of the way, getting a clutch puller made right now. I'll have to make it quiet though, and prefer to run it on the pedal like stock, but I can make a mount for it no problem. It looked like it needed to be lifted on the trans side in a lifted cart.

What is the deal it will not idle as slow as stock? Mine idles (foot on pedal) just fine when the clutch is lubed, I guess it might roll on pavement but not dirt/grass. I figured a way to mod the stock clutch but never did it, might have to.

BTW check the "clone engine" thread here someplace it has a bunch of info in it...for anyone wondering.
Hey sho, good to see ya! The new 16 hp clone engine has way more torque than the stock G1. I have not checked top speed yet but I know it is 30 + mph. It is not as smooth running as a v-twin but it runs pretty darn good for a cheap engine. I just couldn't deal with the old 2 stroke any longer, I needed more power. I couldn't afford another vanguard v-twin right now so I did the $400 clone....happy so far.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Dang, this is a PG rated site right....how about I come over to your place and eat dinner off the floor of your cart??? Sure looks nice!! I so wish I had time to make something like that, and what a clean install on the engine too.

Did you have to change angle on the engine? Sure looked like the carb would be under the engine on a steep hill in one I looked at. That is saying a lot unless your motor was tired, G1 is fastest stock cart I've ever been on, though I have not run a Drive, and well, my G1s were warmed over but still stock. The mod one (still mostly stock and all stock parts) was a little faster, but stock one would kill my G9 no problem except in noise and smell....but I was a kid and didn't care about that back then. Some G1 were not as fast though, I had the fastest out of 60 carts that might have helped....or be called cheating lol.

Did you make that air intake screen on the engine?
Old 05-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #16
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Dang, this is a PG rated site right....how about I come over to your place and eat dinner off the floor of your cart??? Sure looks nice!! I so wish I had time to make something like that, and what a clean install on the engine too.

Did you have to change angle on the engine? Sure looked like the carb would be under the engine on a steep hill in one I looked at. That is saying a lot unless your motor was tired, G1 is fastest stock cart I've ever been on, though I have not run a Drive, and well, my G1s were warmed over but still stock. The mod one (still mostly stock and all stock parts) was a little faster, but stock one would kill my G9 no problem except in noise and smell....but I was a kid and didn't care about that back then. Some G1 were not as fast though, I had the fastest out of 60 carts that might have helped....or be called cheating lol.

Did you make that air intake screen on the engine?
I built the angle into the engine cradle so the engine would sit level. I removed the pull start assembly and made the air intake screen, I think it looks better. Click on the "Geep1 Project" link in my signature for more pics and info.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:00 PM   #17
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I was hoping to see some update pics Ron and what can I say but Way to go my friend. Clean and looks way better than factory.
Im still slaving at mine one day soon I hope.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tb21.JPG (61.9 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg tb23.JPG (40.8 KB, 23 views)
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Ok talk to me a minute here, I found two 16hp on ebay the Max and this CarrollStream version I think is same just different gas tank/etc. Anyway the DuroMax on ebay says it has no charger for the battery and Maxtool does not say...while the Carrol one says 3 Amp charging. What say you guys? NewGuy does yours charge? They are all about the same price.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:03 PM   #19
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Ok talk to me a minute here, I found two 16hp on ebay the Max and this CarrollStream version I think is same just different gas tank/etc. Anyway the DuroMax on ebay says it has no charger for the battery and Maxtool does not say...while the Carrol one says 3 Amp charging. What say you guys? NewGuy does yours charge? They are all about the same price.
Mine is charging fine. I use my headlights, front markers and tail lights all the time. Backup lights not as often. Not sure how it would do with lots of 12v accessories.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Guess if I keep the stock starter it would not matter that much, just threw me there....never know what I might do in the future who wants a motor with no charging. Still near double the HP....so how good of wheelies do they do? lol!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha