lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
stalt
Not Yet Wild

Default Choke Cable replace

HI all,

glad to have found this fprum. I recently bought a seasonal campsite and an old neglected Yamaha gas cart was included.

The choke cable was broke for starters. I bought a choke cable replacement, and the instructions indicate a different set up for intigrated and non intigrated.
As the cart is at the campground I was wondering if anyone knoew wich set up these typically are?

As well I was reading on here how some cable stay out until you push it in and some you have to hold out. The one I bought would be required to hold out.

Once I have done some maintenance I will commence with the restore! lots of great ideas on here!
stalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Choke Cable replace

Any Idea what cart you have? What cable you bought?
Some more info might help.
If it matches the one you have then just swap them out.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
stalt
Not Yet Wild

Sorry not much more help.

It is a mid 80's yamaha. gas. It has 2 seats it is a bit of a mess. as I said i am just getting started.

I now see i can find the serial number etc and will get all the manuals etc. Found this forum after buying it and before writing all the pertinent info down ....Doh!

If its still to vauge dont worry I will just have to get all the info down and pull the crazy string the guy has rigged up at the moment until I get all the info!
Old 06-07-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
crash12888
Gone Crazy

No biggie on the info thing,
Mid/late 80s is going to be somewhere around the time Yamaha went from the G1 body style with 2 cycle (mixes gas and oil) engine to the G2 body with a 4 cycle engine.
Does yours have an oil tank beside the fuel tank?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
stalt
Not Yet Wild

yes there is an oil tank...former owner told me he was not sure it was working so he pre mixed 20 - 1...reading these forums I can see why he said it smoked a bit! I am going to fill the tank and see if there is any ussage. I may go to a closer to 85 - 1 mix or at least 50 - 1 in the mean time just to see how it runs.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:06 AM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

So you have a G1 Yamaha cart.
You should be able to go to any of our sponsors and get a replacement choke cable for it nadda problemo!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha